XII - Coffee Shop

Disclaimer: as the same as the prologue

My eyes widened.

"What?"

How's that possible? It was only a dream that! I'm sure of this!

'So if that was only a dream how that thing got there? O god why me?'

Maybe when I was at gym one fo the girls must have thrown the ball a bit to fast and ended with me being hitted? O god I really don't know... And even if that was the case why it's not a blue bruise? Why it has red teeth marks?

Okay calm down, breath in, and out

In

Out

In

Out

Okay, at least this isn't technically an hickey... Right?

Once I calmed down (kind of) I dried my freezing body and went back to my room, fortunately Charlie wasn't home, not that was that late, but it was enough late for him to be home, so I didn't had to sneak out to one room to the other trying to hid this mysterious bit mark.

In my room I got dressed, and put on for the first time a turtleneck, and I know that that thing wasn't on my neck, but I would prefer being sure that no one could see that red mark until I figured out how it ended there... O god today wasn't even that cold for someone to wear a turtleneck.

In that moment I regret not having some make up with me.

Anyway, I wanted to get away from this house, at least for a couple of hours, so I decided that a trip to town wouldn't hurt too much. Maybe I could go and buy a coffee somewhere? Just to forget everything for a bit.

I finished to getting dressed and marced to downstairs, where I grabbed my keys and an umbrella, since it was a "hot day" I didn't bother to take my jacket, but the sky was giving it away.

Once I stepped out of the house and closed the door, I slided in my vehicle and drived until I was slightly more near the centre of what it was the city of Forks. Once there and parked I swift out of the truck and started walking in search of somewhere where they could sell me a coffee.

To be honest I could have whent by feet form my home to where I was now, but the car was way too easy... I sountered to one sidewalk to the other in search of a coffee bar, and in meantime my eyes were captured by the little city that was surrounding me. This was the first time that I went down here on my own, I went once with Charlie, to eat a burger. And besides all the times that I had to cross town for going to school obviously.

As my usual I wasn't paying much attention at where I was going, I was about to cross the road when I felt a strong hand grabbing me from my forearm and pulled me back on the sidewalk, and only in that moment I realised that I could have been runned over by a car that was now passing ringing the horn.

"Thanks, that was close..." I didn't yet bother to turn around, still too wrapped about what it could have happened.

"You're welcome dear." a sultry voice answered me.

O no, o no no no, I know too well that voice, I know it far too well. It was that voice that haven't left my head for a whole day and night. It was the source of my last dream, and now I was finding myself a foot away form her, form Miss.Denali.

I gulped.

Goosebumps crossing my whole back, and I had the feeling that she felt it too.

"Miss.Denali... What are you doing here?" I half stuttered, but at the end managed to pull out an entire sentence.

"Am I not allowed to go out for a walk? " Was her answer, a playful smile gracing on her lips.

I panicked for a moment, "N-no obviously you can, what I-" And I was cutted of by her laughter. I relaxed a little knowing that she was laughing on what I said, because I'm sure that if it was someone else a bit more touchy then it would have had ended badly.

A shy smile was appearing on my too face, just after she stopped laughing I realised that we where still so close to one another, her hand was still on my arm, even if now there was not the need.

I faked a cough attack and took the chance to put space between us.

"Are you okay?" Was the concerned woman asked and I felt her hand being reluctant to leave my forearm.

"Yes, I'm okay... Thanks for earlier, really... But now I have to go." I paused several times while thinking the best way to get away form her without being rude. I hoped that that was enough politely as a goodbye, but can never know.

"Where are you going?" She enquired, getting a foot closer to me.

"Umm... I was in search of a coffee shop..." I got one step back

"Perfect, I just happen to know where is one, I'll come with you" Miss.Denali took my hand in hers and started dragging me in some direction, my brain in the meantime had decided that was time to shut down.

'Oh Lord please no'

—————————
N/A I apologize for eventual mistakes :') I spent so much time trying to write this damned chapter, and I have to say that I absolutely don't like it...