𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Part Eight: A Cure?

1962. Covert CIA Research Base. Langley, Virginia.

Svet's POV

I sat with Raven and Hank as they were discussing a serum Hank had been developing to normalize mutant appearance. I've had to hide my true self for 29 years: The paper white skin, white eyes and white blonde hair. I'd covered it up with peach-toned skin, red hair and green eyes. Raven, Hank and I all had a thing in common: We had to hide our mutations to feel normal.

" I-I promised myself I'd find a cure, ever since I was a little boy. You have no idea what I'd give to feel..." Hank began, stammering occasionally.

"Normal" we all said in unison, as we all smiled, then chuckled.

"Charles has never understood. He's different, but he's never had to hide" Raven commented.

"Hank, this serum that you're making, it doesn't affect abilities, right? Just appearance? Normalizes it?" I asked, hesitant it could take my abilities.

"Yeah." Hank replied. "Do you think it would work on me and Svet?" Raven asked.

"Well, I-I can look into it, if you'd like. I mean, it's the least I can do after asking you guys to come down here with such a weird request" Hank stammered, smiling.

"Well, I have to admit, usually when guys ask me out, they're not after my blood" Raven chuckled. 

"Same here" I laughed slightly. 

"Uh, s-sorry. I-I didn't intend to be forward. I was just-- I was excited. You know, uh, the-the nature of your mutation. If any genes hold the key to changing appearance, i-it's yours. And if any genes hold the key to controlling sound, it's your's, Svet" Hank explained.

" Hank, you weren't being forward. That's kind of what we meant." Raven responded.

"No. But I'm just sorry if you thought I was" Hank apologized as I patted his shoulder for reassurance. " And I'm sorry that you weren't" Raven said.

Raven and I both scooted a little closer to Hank "Go ahead. Take the blood. From both of us".

Hank rolled up Raven's sleeve and injected the needle, with her wincing from the pain and drew the blood. Then I shifted into my true form, pale skin, white eyes and white blonde hair, repeating the process with me.

"S-Sorry did I hurt you?" Hank asked, as Raven moved closer as if to kiss him. I chanted in my head 'Kiss, Kiss, Kiss! '.

"Kinky. By the way, if I looked like you, I wouldn't change a thing" Erik commented, walking from nowhere, as Raven moved back and I sat, frozen in shock, as Erik sent a wink my way as he walked off.

"Ignore him, he's just miserable" I reassured the pair, standing up and walking away.