𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

Part Twenty-Five: The White Violin

1962. Cuba.

Svet's POV

Erik levitated Shaw's deceased body in a crucifix position out of the boat and on display to the others. I walked beside him as he levitated the body.

"Today our fighting stops" Erik announced to the mutants, as Charles didn't look pleased.

Erik carelessly dropped Shaw's body as he flew down to the surface, carrying me bridal style, until he gently placed me on my own two feet on the sand.

"Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters" Erik spoke. "The real enemy is out there."

Erik pointed to the Soviet and American boats containing normal humans.

"I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us." Erik continued, gesturing to himself.

"Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown." Erik promenaded. "The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants".

Charles walked up to Erik's side, as I stood watching in the middle of Shaw's former team and Charles' team. Charles placed his two fingers on his right temple as he and Erik looked out to sea to look at the American and Soviet ships in the distance.

"Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong" Erik dared, as Charles removed his two fingers in shock, as the ships began to aim their guns at us.

Charles glanced at Moira, as he nodded at her. Moira began to run back to the destroyed remains of the X-Jet. Unfortunately, Moira's message never got through. Thousands of missiles were fired into the air, all aimed towards them beach. I clutched the pendant of my Mother's necklace. At least we would be reunited in heaven. But the explosion never came.

Erik outstretched his hands, using his mutation to prevent the missile from ever landing on the beach, turning them around in midair to face the way they came back.

"Erik, you said yourself. We're the better men" Charles tried to stop Erik from doing what he was going to do "This is the time to prove it."

"There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men!" Charles snapped. "They're just following orders."

"Svetka and I have been at the mercy of just following orders" Erik plainly spat. "Never again", his head turned from looking at Charles to where the missiles were floating in the sky, flinging them back to whence they came.

"Erik, release them!" Charles yelled. 

"No!" Charles yelled, running at Erik and tackling him to the ground, making him loose focus on the missiles, some of which exploded and fell into the ocean.

Charles and Erik began to scrap on the beach.

"I don't want to hurt you. Don't make me!" Erik hissed, as Hank, Sean, Alex and Raven approached them.

"Stand back!" Erik ordered, flinging only, Hank, Alex and Sean backwards.

"Charles, that's enough!" Erik grunted, refocusing his power on the missiles, which most of, flew back into course towards the American and Soviet ships.

Charles grabbed Erik's face, yelling "Erik, stop!", as Erik punched Charles in the face as some of the missiles fell into the sea and exploded.

The remaining lot flew back into course with Erik refocusing. Moira shot at Erik's hand, making him drop the missiles. Erik began to deflect the bullets as Charles stood up again, regaining his balance until one of Erik's deflected bullets hit him. Through his lower back.

"CHARLES!" I screamed, as Charles let out a scream, falling to his knees, Moira stopping the aim on her gun and Erik looking over to Charles in shock and horror.

Raven's hands covered her mouth in horror. Charles had been shot. Erik rushed over to Charles, who was laying on his side moaning in pain, on instinct, using his powers to remove the bullet from Charles' lower back.

"I'm so sorry" Erik apologized as Moira began to steadily make her way over to them. "I said back off!", as the mutants stepped back, so did I. 

Erik's face softened when it came to me. Charles' lower body laid on the sand, as his torso and the back of his head laid on Erik's legs. Erik looked up at Moira with a venomous look on his face.

"You. You did this" Erik accused, using his powers to choke Moira with her dog tags.

"Erik...please" Charles begged in agony as Erik continued to choke Moira. "She didn't do this, Erik. You did".

Those words broke Erik, as he looked back at Charles, as he let Moira out of the choke hold, as Moira fell to her knees, coughing and gasping for air.

"Us turning on each other, it's what they want" Erik said. "I tried to warn you, Charles. I want you by my side, like Svetka. We're brothers, you and I. All of us together, protecting each other. We want the same thing".

Charles began to lightly chuckle through the pain "My friend. I'm sorry, but we do not".

Erik looked up at Moira and gestured for her to come over to him. 

"Charles! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" Moira rambled, running over to Charles and Erik, resting his head in her lap as Erik stood up.

"It's alright, it's alright" Charles reassured her.

Erik stood up, gesturing to Charles and Moira "This society won't accept us. We form our own. The humans have played their hand. Now we get ready to play ours. Who's with me?".

Erik looked at me and Raven, raising his hands. "No more hiding", Raven and I nodded, walking over to him, slowly. I took his hand as Raven walked over to Charles. 

"You...you should go with him" Charles seethed through the pain. "It's what you want".

"You promised me you would never read my mind" Raven reminded him.

"I know. I promised you a great many things, I'm afraid. I'm sorry" Charles apologized, kissing Raven's hand.

I let go of Erik's hand a quick moment as I walked to Charles, kneeling down. I laid a gentle, soft kiss on his forehead.

"Goodbye, Mr Telepath. For now" I smiled softly, hiding the pain.

"See you in the future, some day, Agent Romanova" Charles smiled through the pain.

Raven kissed his forehead too "Take care of him". Raven and I stood up, as we each walked over to Erik, taking a hand each. Soon, Azazel, Angel and Riptide joined us. Angel taking my hand, Azazel taking Angel's and Riptide taking Riptide

"And, Beast. Never forget. Mutant and proud!" Raven called to Hank, then we all teleported away, off the beach away from Cuba.

a/n: 

Who do you guys ship more?

Erik + Svet  or  Charles + Svet?