Chapter 14

His what? Is this reality or am I trapped in some sort of dream?

"Yes or no?" His eyes are big like that of a puppy, awaiting for an answer. I don't wanna keep him waiting for too long, but I'm enjoying the sight of his impatient expression.

"You're asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Yes I know it's childish or whatever, but I rather ask you for your approval." He touches my hand over the counter, a little hesitant than usual. "This time I want a serious relationship between two adults. I want this to happen, and I know that it's too early, but I can't wait any longer-"

"I wanna be your girlfriend Adrien. Your real girlfriend, no pretending."

"Yeah, no pretending."

"This is a big deal for me Adrien-"

"I know, for me too. I promise you I'll take it seriously." He cuts me off before I can allow insecurity to take over me.

I take his word. For the past week he has shown me how much I mean to him and I believe and trust him, when he says he wants a relationship with me. Both of us changed in the time we weren't together and I think we're now ready for a new beginning.

"Are we keeping this a secret for now? I don't know how comfortable you're with that."

"I told Colette about us..."

I'm almost shocked to find out about this, but glad that I don't have to explain everything to her, in case I run into her.

"Does she hate me?"

"Not at all. She's even sad that you didn't go to her baby shower.."

"Baby shower?!" My jaw drops. Every time I think about the wedding, I forget that it's been over half a year. "She's having a baby?"

"Yeah. It's a girl."

"Oh my god, that's so cute. Tell her congratulations and also that I'm sorry, I didn't know if she still liked me or not."

"Why don't you tell her that yourself?"

I don't know if he was hinting me to visit his family again. The last thing I want is an awkward run in with his family, in which I eventually have to explain why Adrien and I "broke up" in the first place.

"When?"

"I don't know, but don't you wanna see her again?"

"Of course I do. I miss her."

"So do my mom and my dad, pretty much everyone."

"They all do?" He nods. "I thought they hated me."

"Why would they? They were mad at me for ruining things with you." He scoffs.

"I'm sorry about that." I laugh and caress his hand. "We don't have to explain anything, just say that we both needed a break."

"Did you?" He questions and pins me with his eyes. Both of us needed it, although it was painful, I'm glad I had time to figure out what I really wanted.

"Yes, we weren't ready at that time. Now is the right time, let's not worry about the past anymore." I say and smirk.

"Okay, you're right."

As it get's late Adrien and I go to bed since he has to get up early, he said he had a lot of stuff he had to finish in his office, after he had been procrastinating for the past couple of days. I offer him help, but he declines saying that I don't deserve to torture myself with all that.

In the morning I jog around my new neighborhood as it drizzles. It's a little outside of town and much quieter, a good place for me to withdraw from all the business that I've been surrounded by.