Chapter 3

Stepping out of my car, my brother rushed to me.

"Habibty, where have you been?"

"I lost it."

"Lost what?"

"Him."

Immediately Ishaaq knew what I was talking about. He engulfed me in a hug and mumbled words of comfort to me. He knew how much it meant to me.

Ishaaq was my bestfriend, my everything. He loved me the most out of all of us, never said it openly but we all knew deep down. Probably because of what I had been through. He was with me through it all. He was my rock.

"Come on, let's go inside."

Slowly, we went inside and he took me to my room.

"Inayah, I know how much this means to you and I'm sure it will turn up somewhere, but you've got to understand that as long as your memories are there, you don't need a physical thing to help you remember him. Now come on, people have started coming for Iqra's party. You've got to stay strong for her."

Remembering it was my baby's party today and that I couldn't ruin it for her, I stood up.

"I'll go freshen myself up." I said, gratefully looking at Ishaaq, knowing he would always be with me no matter what.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you downstairs." Giving me a side hug, he left the room.

#######

After freshening up, I made my way downstairs and true to his word, Ishaaq stood waiting for me, wearing a white tuxedo jacket with black trousers and a black bowtie.

Ishaaq had a good height of 6'3 for a 27 year old, with blue eyes he inherited from my dad and a well sculptured body. At his big age, he was expected to get married, however he kept on telling my mum, that he wasn't ready yet.

"You okay?" Ishaaq questioned, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I'll be fine." Giving him a half hearted smile, we made our way through the crowds of people.

Looking to my right I saw Ibrahim chasing after Iqra. Honestly, sometimes it felt like he wasn't even 17 as his actions were so immature however that's what made him his special self.

"INAYAH!"

"Ya Allah, why are you shouting, you hamar." Glaring at Anya, I rubbed my ears, startled by her shriek.

"Where have you been? Forget that, you know your sister Iram, she won't let me eat some of the cake and Iqra won't let me help her open her gifts and your brother Ibrahim is calling me names that get me really riled up but for aunty's sake I do my best to ignore him, and you, you just... the only normal one is Ishaaq however he does seem to..."

"ARGHHH STOP!" I knew if I didn't stop her know, she would go on and on, as ranting was her specialty. We were complete opposites, I preferred to talk to a minimal whereas she could talk for the whole world.

"But I only..." The fierce stare that I sent her, made her shut her mouth instantly.

After half an hour, it was time to cut Iqra's birthday cake. We all stood around and watched as my dad and mum stood either side of her and helped hold the knife. I guess my mum must have put all her efforts in persuading my dad to at least come and cut the cake. I'm sure he only came because there were so many people here. He cared a lot about his status and reputation.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO IQRA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY." Everybody started counting down, 3, 2, 1, and with that she cut her football cake, all the while having a huge smile on her face that reached her ears.

"What did you wish for habibty?" Asked my oldest brother Ishaaq.

With a cheeky smile on her face she replied, "I wish to have a birthday party everydayy." Slight chuckles went around. Dinner was served to people, followed by cake.

Anya came to my side and started to go off on one again.

"Enough. Let's go."

Dagging her hand, we went around meeting people, asking if they needed anything. After a bit, we got tired so we went to sit at a table and ate some chocolates. Whilst eating and chatting to Anya about anything and everything, I saw a little boy running around. It seemed like his mum was chasing after him, however soon lost him in the crowd. I decided to help the mother as I could see where he was going from my point of view.

"I'll be back." I told Anya, however she was too immersed in the chocolates and just gave me a wave of her hand ushering me to go. Rolling my eyes, I went and saw the boy at a chocolate fountain. He was trying to reach for the chocolate but was failing.

I was just about to go and help him when a lady stopped me and started to make small talk with me. There were not many people left now as most people had called it a night and decided to head home. Only the close ones had stayed for a bit longer.

From my peripheral vision I saw the little boy had managed to touch the tip of the chocolate fountain and it slowly started to tip over. I knew that if it fell on him not only would he be covered with chocolate but the hard metal piece holding the chocolate may do some serious damage to a small child like him.

Cutting the lady off her chatter, I ran to the boy, dodging people as I went past. It felt like time had slowed down as I'm sure that the distance was a lot shorter before.

The chocolate fountain was slowly tipping forward, some drops of chocolate falling onto the boy, however the boy too engrossed with the chocolate coming to him as if it was heaven, didn't realise the harm it could cause.

Just as it was about to fall on him, I grabbed him from his arm, and pulled him to the side with me. A loud bang was heard and everybody turned to look at the incident. Waiters rushed hurriedly to clean up the mess, whilst people had relived looks on their faces as no one had got hurt.

The noise had caught the boy off guard and immediately tears sprang to his beautiful green eyes. As I was leaning down, I was level with his face and he wrapped his arms around my neck. Tiny whimpers were heard from him whilst I stroked his back and spoke consoling words to him.

"Hey, hey, look at me." Slowly he pulled back and looked at me.

"Its okay, you're a brave boy aren't you. What's your name?" I wiped his tears away and gave him a smile.

"A-aahil."

"Mashallah, what a beautiful name. Now Aahil..."

"AAHIL!" A lady came rushing towards him and Aahil ran to her. "Oh Aahil, I told you so many times not to go away from me, but do you listen. Oh habibty." Giving her son a kiss on the forehead she slowly turned to look at me.

"Shukran..."

"Inayah."

"Shukran Inayah. Alhamdulillah you were here. I'm really thankful of you."

"Oh no aunty, it's fine."

Recognition started to flow in her eyes however I was still confused.
"Are you the daughter of Iraj?"

I nodded my head, confused as to how this lady knew my mum's name.

"You must be wondering who I am. I used to be you're mum's bestfriend however moved to a different country 3 years ago and recently shifted back here a month ago."

"Aunty Zairah."

Remembering the countless amount of stories my mother told me of all the mischief she used to do with her bestfriend - Aunty Zairah.

She opened her mouth to speak when a loud BANG was heard. And no, this time it wasn't a small incident and it wasn't a small BANG either.

This was a gunshot type of BANG.

---------------------------------------------------------
Author's note:
Salam guys, how are you all?
Do you think I'm dragging the story or do you think it's going at a good pace? Comment and let me know how it is guys.