Chapter 1 - From the Ashes

There is always a beginning, a reason for every action we make. All of us make mistakes and we have to learn to live with them, whether we want to or not.
And it's not always easy, what is done is done and you couldn't make it better anymore, so you just roll with it.

There is always an ending too, but most of us would rather not think about it.
Ending comes after everything is done, and you weren't even close to finishing yet.

There you were, standing on the rooftop of a five story building, looking down at the people walking on the streets. It was still busy even though it was past midnight. Most of the people down on the streets were walking from bar to bar or back home with their friends, or alone.

You were there, watching, hoping nothing would happen. That everyone would be fine and people wouldn't get hurt. But most of the time things don't go the way you want them to.

You weren't a hero, but there was no way you could stand by and watch people getting hurt because the real heroes were late, or didn't hear the cries of help.
That's why you made it your hobby to go out during the night and save as many people as you could.

Heroes had to follow a code, but you didn't have any, you could hurt the bad guys as much as you wanted, as long as the heroes didn't catch you.
There was already talk about you in the media, which made it harder to work from the shadows, but you managed it. There was no way anyone was going to catch you.

"Help!" You heard screaming from an alleyway not too far away, totally interrupting your inner monologue.
Without even thinking about it you leaped over the edge of the building, your fire wings emerging from your back and carrying you through the air towards the screams.

Your quirk; Phoenix.
It was a fire quirk, allowing you to cover any part of your body with flames, or create new ones. In this case it was wings, mostly because you loved the idea of having them, and they worked like normal wings which made traveling so much easier.

You flew to the alleyway staying high until you saw the person in need of help. It was a woman running to a dead end, away from a guy with knifes as fingers.
'Weird ass quirk', you thought to yourself as you glided down landing between the villain and the terrified woman.

You spread your fire wings long enough so the guy couldn't go past you without burning his flesh off.
Spreading your wings that far meant you couldn't use the fire on other parts of your body, because of course there had to be limits to your power.

The villain looked shocked at first since you appeared so suddenly out of the sky, he stood still for a moment before charging at you.
While he was busy only thinking about slashing your face with his knife fingers you kicked him right in the stomach sending him backwards. He didn't lose his balance but his ego must have taken a hit from that at least.

This time you charged at him sending in a punch and after that a kick, making sure the man had no way of getting past you to the woman who was now at the end of the alleyway. She was trying to find a way to escape, but there wasn't any.
She would most likely call the police soon if she still had her phone with her, so you had to get this over quickly.

You sent in punch after punch and kick after kick all while dodging the sharp blades, luckily he had the knives only on his left arm so it was easier to dodge.
After a few more punches you finally managed to kick him to a wall. The man hit his head against it and fell to the ground, most likely passed out now.

You let your firewings go back into your body and took some zip ties from your costumes pocket, quickly tying the mans hands behind his back, making sure there was no way he could cut himself free.