Chapter 4 - Unexpected

You walked towards the only light in the endless darkness. The image became clearer the closer you got to it, but it took you forever to reach it.
It was a small fire but as you looked into it, it suddenly got bigger.

There was something in it, but it was too blurry to tell what it was. You reached in the flame, it didn't burn your hand so the fire must be from your quirk.

You tried to touch the thing in the middle of the fire, but before you could, it turned to look at you.
You saw white glowing eyes staring back at you from the middle of the flame.

- - -

You woke up in a dark room that only had a small source of light above an iron door. There was a giant mirror covering one wall, the room itself looked like an interrogation room from a crime show.
Already you thought that there was someone behind the mirror, possibly watching your every move.

You were about to step out of the bed but you realized that the floor was fully covered in water. The mattress of the bed you were on was dry since the bed was off the ground.

This wasn't the room where you were earlier.. These time skips were really starting to get to you.
They must have moved you while you were out of it, but why take you to the first place if they had to move you somewhere else?

You tried to activate your quirk on your hand, it worked just fine. It seemed odd that they wouldn't make sure that you couldn't use your quirk, even if the room seemed fire proof.

You sent a fireball towards the mirror, it only made a little smudge on it confirming your suspicion, you couldn't escape the place using your quirk.
Suddenly the lights on the ceiling turned on, covering the room in a bright artificial light.

"Good morning Phoenix!" You heard Hawks voice echo around the room from a speaker somewhere. He must be behind the mirror, watching you.
"To your right there is a bathroom, to get there you have to walk on water. Exit is to your left but that's locked of course. The room is fireproof and if we need to come in there we will use sprinklers to make sure you won't be burning anyone", Hawks explained through the speakers.

"Fireproof, huh?" You said as you used your quirk, setting all of your body in flames and adding in the fire wings for the extra effect. The mattress under you quickly got on fire and was clearly not fireproof like Hawks had said.

"Show off", Hawks said as he turned on the sprinklers on the ceiling. Slowly your quirk began to disappear before going away completely. You were now sitting fully wet on a slightly burned mattress.

"How long are you gonna keep me here?" You asked suddenly as you got up from the bed.
"You revealed everything about this room so how about reveal your plans for me too?" You continued while walking towards the mirror, acting like you could see behind it.

As you placed a hand on the mirror, the mirror part of it disappeared. You saw Hawks sitting behind the glass in front of some kind of control table.
He looked distressed as his finger hovered over one of the buttons on the table.

"Sorry, can't do that!" Hawks said as his tone changed to a more happy one.

"Then you better hope that I never get out of this cage. I've never been much of a hero myself, but I don't think anyone would expect this from the number two", you said, if you got out of this place, you would definitely make sure Hawks would suffer for what he did to you.
You turned away from the glass and started walking back towards the bed.

"You went to UA right? Got expelled during the first year.. It wasn't hard to figure out who you are, Y/n L/n.." your heart sank as you heard Hawks words from the speaker.
"You were a vigilante back then as well.. Got caught after a classmate discovered you.. Your family kicked you out.. Tell me, when was the last time you spoke to your mother." Hawks continued talking.
You turned and ran back towards the glass wall, slamming your fist against it as hard as you could.