Chapter 6 - Afraid

You stood still for a while before you were able to collect yourself, he said nothing special, nothing. So why did you feel so flustered now?
You let out a deep sigh before heading to the bathroom that was connected to your bedroom. Might as well test the bath now that you were alone again, you also needed something relaxing to do.

You turned on the faucet on and let the water fall down to the bottom of the bath. While waiting for the bath to fill you looked into the sink cabinet to find anything to put into the bath.
To your surprise you found a stash of bath bombs, somehow the image of Hawks using bath bombs made you giggle, but you quickly pushed that thought away before it went somewhere else.
Next to the bath bombs was few candles, you took them out and set them on top of the cabinet. You placed your finger close to the candle before using your quirk to lit the candles one by one.

After that you took the bath bomb from the cabinet, you then shut the water and put in the bath bomb. You watched it start fizzing in the water, creating beautiful red, orange and yellow colored bubbles on the surface.
While waiting you took out your phone to see if you could play any music on it, it didn't have a music app but there was songs already downloaded in it. Was this Hawks old phone or something?

You managed to find some relaxing music to listen to while bathing so you left that on, turned of the main light and got into the bath. Your apartment.. Old apartment.. Didn't have a bathtub in it. Last time you took a bath was in your parents home, it had been so long.
You hadn't seen either of your parents in a long time, not since they found out you got kicked out of UA.

Now wasn't the time to think about your parents, you were trying to relax. You shut that side of your brain off and tried to think of something else. Stars! You liked stars.
You closed your eyes and tilted your head back, and rested it on the side of the bath. You thought about the music, the dim lighting in the now moist bathroom, the stars in the night sky just outside the window. You hummed along with the melody of the song while you slowly fell into another reality others like to call dreamland.

- - -

You kept seeing this similar dream over and over again, you were floating in a dark room. You couldn't see, hear or feel anything. It seemed like you didn't exist.
Suddenly there was a small flame in the distance, you floated towards it and soon were close enough to see there was something in the middle of the flame. You reached in to touch it, but it would turn to look at you.

Usually the dream ended there but this time things were different. You were standing on solid ground, but there was water on the floor, it reminded you of the room The League kept you in.
It was dark but you could still see around, you started walking in a random direction to try to find a way out.

The walk felt like it went on forever until you finally saw a familiar flame in the distance. You started to walk a little bit faster towards it.
Once you were by it you saw the familiar eyes in the middle of the flame staring at you. The flame stood up and turned into a human looking form.

When you moved the fire mimicked your movement, as you reached for the flame it reached back. Before you were able to touch the flame you jolted awake from the dream.

You quickly sat up in panic like waking up from a nightmare, you were still in the bathtub and had no idea what gave you the feeling of anxiety. Nothing scary happened in the dream so why did you jolt awake.
The water felt cold and all the bubbles had faded by now, how long had you been asleep for?

You quickly got out of the tub and washed yourself before taking one of the bathrobes and wrapping your body in it. After that you took out your phone to stop the music, 1.38am read on the lock screen, how the fuck did you loose so many hours! The dream didn't last that long.