Chapter 9 - Phoenix Down

"The fuck do you mean 'we'll come there'?" You asked Hawks as you pushed him away from you. You were frightened by his reply to Dabi.

"He won't leave you alone if we don't do something", Hawks tried to explain to you as he reached for you with his arm, but you dodged that.

"It's still raining outside, I would be defenseless out there!" You argued back, there was no way you would go out there without your quirk.

Dabi's whole plan was to steal your quirk away from you, so why would Hawks take you to him.
You were also wondering how do they even manage to steal quirks?

"I will keep you safe. You have to trust me." Hawks pleaded with you, but you couldn't see how this could end good.

"There has to be another way, I'm not going back and I'm not giving up my quirk!" you stated strongly.
You were in disbelief that Hawks would even suggest going back there when all this time you were running away.

Hawks understood that you didn't want to see Dabi after everything that had happened. He felt bad for kidnapping you in the first place and putting you through all that.

"There is no other way, I'm running out of places to hide you in" Hawks said, still trying to make you see why the two of you needed to go see Dabi.

"We just got here.. he might not find us" You said back, Hawks felt like he had said everything he could and nothing would change your mind.
Dabi wanted you today, Hawks couldn't wait this one out unless he wanted his spot in The League gone.

"I'm sorry.. I have to take you there.." Hawks said apologetically.

Everything in your body was telling you that you shouldn't go, that you should do everything you could to stay in that apartment.
That if you left... Something bad would happen.. But it seemed that Hawks would do anything for the mission in The League, even take you back against your will.

You fidgeted around on your spot that was a meter away from Hawks, your arms crossed like you were trying to shield yourself from the world.

"If he hurts me I will never forgive you.." you finally said with a stern voice.

"Is that a yes?" Hawks asked to confirm, you nodded to him. Hawks took a step forward and pulled you into a hug.
"I promise I will keep you safe" he said softly against your hair.

"You owe me so much after this", you said to the hero. He held you in that hug for a moment before letting go.

"I'll get you the moon after this if you want it", Hawks said with a smirking smile, you gave him an unreadable look.

You turned to look outside from the huge window in the bedroom, it was already dark outside and it was pouring rain.
There was no way you could keep your body dry out there, and you really didn't want to meet Dabi helpless.

"Can we please do it tomorrow instead?" You asked Hawks, you hadn't even fully dried from the previous flight yet.

"Dabi is expecting us now.." Hawks said, you gave him saddened look.

"I haven't eaten anything since breakfast, I'd like that before getting possibly locked up again", you told Hawks.

"Fine, I can go get us somethin-" Hawks started speaking and was already walking away so he could fly to a restaurant nearby, you quickly took a hold of his hand.

"Please stay.." you were terrified that Dabi would somehow find you right when Hawks was gone.
Yes you had your fire quirk.. But all fire that was not made by your quirk could burn you, so fighting against Dabi would be hard even with your flame powers.