Pretending

Mild trigger warning for sexual themes. Enjoy!

Keefe picked Sophie up. Or at least that's what she thought. She was still pretending to be asleep.

He pulled her closer to his chest as they walked through many rooms and hallways. She had no idea what was happening.

Eventually, she connected her mind with Stina.

What was the elixir meant to do?

Stina sounded sad and sorry as she thought, It's supposed to be a love potion. It's all he's been talking about. For once, I wish Biana or Fitz was here.

Wait, love potion? So I have to act like I love him?

That would be what playing along means.

It took everything in Sophie to not scream and to yell that she didn't love him. But, putting on her best acting, she nuzzled into Keefe.

She really hated playing along.

"Would you like me to prepare sedatives incase of emergency?" Stina asked Keefe, pretending to still be his little assistant.

He set Sophie down on a bed and ran his thumb gently over her bottom lip. "I made it extra potent. It should be fine."

"Yes, sir." Heels clicked on the floor as Stina walked away.

Sophie kept hers and Stinas minds connected, constantly asking for updates and hoping this wasn't a trick.

Nothing new was reported, until she told Sophie, it's probably best if you wake up.

And so, on cue, Sophie acted as if she was stirring in her sleep. She eventually opened her eyes slowly.

"Oh. You're awake." Keefe was standing by a bookcase when he turned and saw her.

Her eyes adjusted to the light as she forced herself to smile and ask him how he was doing.

She slid off the bed and walked towards him, wrapping her arms around his and leaning her head on his shoulder.

It made her feel sick to her stomach.

He kissed her forehead. "Stina has an outfit prepared for you. She's in the room at the end of the hall."

She nodded and walked out the door.

Stick to the plan. She chanted this over and over until she reached a door. It was open, and Stina stood there, holding a dress.

It was a plain red dress, with spaghetti straps and no back. It was made out of red velvet. It looked..familiar.

It hit her as she took the dress. "This was my mother's.."

"What?" Stina asked. "How do you know."

"She always wore this for special occasions. There was even a small rip on the inside." She showed the rip to Stina.

"How did he get that?"

"My human home is stored somewhere, and if I'm remembering correctly, it was near Exillium."

Stina helped her get in the dress. It fit her perfectly.

She slowly walked back to the room.

The rest of the day was a blur. Keefe talked to her as if nothing was wrong and they were simply chatting.

Sophie, however, paid very little attention to his words. She was clutching the sheets of the bed and concentrating.

"Dear?" Keefe asked. He walked over and sat by her on the plus bed. "Are you alright?"

He grabbed her hand that was holding onto the sheet and kissed it.

She cleared her throat. "I'm fine." Plastering one a fake smile, she spoke again. "I was just wondering..would I be able to go outside? Or to Atlantis? I really want to get..some new nail polish!"

"We can arrange that. You can go to sleep whenever you want and we'll go in three da—." He started.

Sophie was way to excited and hopeful, however, and hugged him tightly. "Thank you."

He placed his hands on her shoulders and leaned her back. His eyes slowly closed as he leaned in and kissed her.

She kissed him back.

Later that night, when Sophie crawled into bed, Keefe walked into the room.

Since he believed she was in love with him, he had never slept in the same room with her.

He closed the door, locking it tight.

Keefe walked towards her, slowly getting into the bed.

Sophie turned and faced the wall, but he grabbed her waist and pulled her to face him, kissing her.

He got on top of her and tugged at the hem of her shirt.

She woke up the next morning next to a shirtless Keefe and a painful feeling in her stomach.