Second Finale

The group walked to Alden and Dellas room, a place they only saw so many years ago.

Sophie couldn't say she was happy to be back. The last time they were here, Fitz hated Sophie and Aldens kind was shattered.

She wrapped her arms around herself. But something else bothered her too.

Fitz must have sensed her frustration and sorrow, because he stopped them, wrapped his arms around her and picked her up.

"Fitz," She said calmly as they walked, proud of herself for not screaming. "I can walk on my own."

"Yes, but a lovely lady like you shouldn't be without the love of her husband. I know you're upset about my mother...but it'll be okay."

"It's not just your mom!" Tension rose in her voice and she stopped herself before she said something she didn't mean. "I'm sorry. I just mean.. some just feels like it's...missing. And there's this ache in me that says I need to do something. See someone."

But then it hit her. And it seemed her husband as well.

"I know, I miss him too. But what could be missing? I don't know about you, but I have everything I need. Everything I want. I have you. And I wouldn't want you to feel like you don't have what you want."

"I think..we should discuss this later. Right now let's just somehow find our way to your mother."

Fitz nodded, still holding Sophie and running to catch up with the group.

Sophie cuddled close to Fitz.

"Always gotta be adorable, huh Fitzphie?" Keefe asked with a laugh.

"Of course," Sophie smiled.

When they were finally at Della's room, Fitz set Sophie down carefully.

Elwin pushed the door open with his left arm, holding it for everyone to go in.

They thanked him and walked in.

It had been a long few weeks, erasing memories, vacation, having a child. Everything felt so exhausting to Sophie.

But she was glad to finally be home where she could take it easy for a while.

"Darling, they're here, Della." Alden said to his wife as he motioned for them to follow him.

Sophie had forgotten how big their room was. But she could definitely tell they had redecorated.

They had a purple-brown theme going on, and went well together. Gold and crystal accents littered the room.

The group walked over towards the massive canopy bed. The curtains attached to the posts were drawn to hide Della, only her outline visible through the fabric.

When they walked into view, Sophie was immediately attacked with a hug.

Grady and Edaline said nothing as they wrapped their arms around her tightly.

She laughed and hugged them back, whispering a quick, "Let's talk later," and turned her attention to Della.

They all turned their attention - finally - to the mother.

She held a cloth wrapped baby boy.

He looked around, and it freaked still Sophie out that newborns could talk. But the child said "Hello," when it met their eyes.

Della smiled and laughed. "His name is Donyvan. Donyvan Vacker."

The next hour or so, the friends and family spent celebrating.

Two new children in not even half a year. But the thought made Sophie turn her attention to her parents.

"Where is he?" She asked quietly.

She really didn't want to draw the attention away from Donyvan, Donny for short, but she couldn't resist.

Her parents explained that William was at their house. Apparently, Sandor was good with children.

Sophie suddenly realized that Sandor had left her alone for the more recent part of her life. And it felt strange that a Ogre that would say "I go where you go," left Sophie alone.

"What's on your mind?" Her parents asked, dragging her out of her realizations.

"Nothing. Let's just celebrate."

She smiled to show them she was fine.

And for the first time in a long time, she was fine. Great.

Hey guys. I wanted to say thank you so much for reading this installment of the ABOB series. I know the plan for this had changed a million times.

But boy do I have ideas - and a lot of them - for the third and final book.

This may have been a bad ending, but I'm proud of this series.

You have no idea how happy I am to have this community, you guys as my audience.

I remember my best friend stealing my phone as I went to the bathroom the first term of the school year.

It had like four reads then. She encouraged me, saying it was good and stuff.

Thank you for always commenting, "Great chapter!" Or "update soon?"

It encouraged me to continue on. I didn't have to write more. But you guys made this possible.

Enough of the cheesy stuff.

Thank you for the everything you've done.

-Your mother, Ms.Wood. ♥️♥️❤️💀❤️🧐♥️💜😍💜😏🥦🥦😉😉💀😏😔😏💜😍💜😏❤️😢😡😍😳❤️😢😡😢🌚😅🥦💀🤓😢🤓⚔️🍅⚔️💀⚔️😡💚🥦😉😏❤️🥬😡🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅😍💀🐉🐉💀🐉🐉🌚😏👀💚😢💜🥦😏💔⚔️😅💀👌🏽🥬😏🌚