Day 4

There is a surprise for all New girl series fans in this chapter!

Enjoy;)

Sudden imprisonment which led to idleness had changed the routine for most if not for all. The sleeping pattern of the youth in the twenty-first century had been muddled without any pandemic, with one there was no pattern. And it was not just the youth that was affected that time, the generation which criticised them the most were no different.

Maier was not an exception however that day he woke up early. Most people were stuck with their families yet found it difficult to blend with them. Maier was alone in a foreign land, with no known person in sight. It was not just difficult but destructive. However the lockdown was in 2020, and there was technology available to save the day.

"Yes, Ma. I had breakfast. No, I cooked it. Barely someone is seen on the street, where will I find a maid?" He smiled. "I am managing well. I don't know. They cancelled all the flights until 14th April. Yes, I am keeping an eye on it. I will. I will take the first flight out. Yeah, do not worry. I do not want to take his favour. I do not like him. I know. He is your uncle, not mine. Sorry. Okay. Do not worry ma. Yes, I am. No, I found help. A girl. She lives in the next house. I do not know her name. I guess Dada Dadi knows her. I don't know. You should ask them, I know nothing. How are they, by the way? Oh. Tell him to stay home then. It is difficult for him. Yeah, I know. He called me yesterday. Said for a perfectly boiled egg I should boil it for 12 minutes and for little soft one eight will work. But yes on high flame." He chuckled. "He is using the internet a lot. I know. Yeah, he also said that adoption is always better than surrogacy. No, it's costly and risky. I know. From his words, it seems I am adopting two girls with three years age gap between them." He laughed at what his mother said before saying, "I hope. Yeah. Okay. Yeah, that's fine. I will talk to dad later. You can go, I will call him. Yeah bye. Take care ma. Bye."

When he disconnected the call he had a big smile on his face. He kept the phone on the counter and took the knife in his hand. Cooking was not new for him. He spent his college years in a different city and then worked in another city. He had been cooking his own meals for more than seven years by then. There he did not struggle, staying alone, he did not struggle but not meeting any human or not leaving the house was a huge change in his lifestyle.

After he had his lunch his only refuge was his phone. There was no television or any other source of entertainment in the house leaving him at the mercy of his phone, which had not been functioning well due to a fall it had at the airport when Maier was juggling a phone, a book, a cup and a bag in one hand. There was nothing that interested him but a phone call helped him escape. He smiled when he saw his friends name before answering the call.

"Afzal! How are you? Where are you?"

"Maier my friend. I am good. And peacefully at home unlike you who went on a little adventure. How are you? I heard you are stuck there. For how long were you planning to stay in India?"

"I am, I am. It was supposed to be a short trip. I just had to find an agent for this house and then a few months later dad and Dada were to come and sell the house. I still don't believe I got stuck here. It was just a few days' work."

Afzal laughed as he said, "talk about bad luck. You were supposed to be in Russia right now, right?"

"Actually that got cancelled. I was supposed to go home from here. But God had plans. Anyway, how is the situation there? You all are locked in your own houses, too?"

"We are. The situation is very similar to there I believe. Maybe worse as the cases are increasing rapidly."

"Cases are increasing here too. Rapidly. I guess that's how it is everywhere. But let's not talk about that. All I hear and see is corona, corona, corona. There are other topics." He paused for a moment before continuing, "how is your family doing? What do you do all day?"