1 | part three

As  I sit there on my bed, silent and hiding my wrist beneath the sheets, it doesn't take long until Lia's unanswered questions give place to shouts

As  I sit there on my bed, silent and hiding my wrist beneath the sheets, it doesn't take long until Lia's unanswered questions give place to shouts. I let her scold me. Right now her words are meaningless noise to me.

Flashbacks flood my mind. I see the Sweet-T, the eccentric fairy guy, shimmer, and light. Then, I remember myself biking through warm light. Flying, actually.

The images play again and again, sometimes causing me to shake my head. That only confuses Lia even more, then her words snap me out of my trance:

" You know what Jason? I thought you were making an effort. You stayed home every night. But for you to go and ruin your own bike like this. . . You know how much you should value this. For Antony's memory at least. Take some more time to think about your actions. You're grounded for another week."

Empty rambling about me being the worst kid in Gordon field. Check. I'm grounded again. Check. Door slammed behind her back. Been there, done that. She didn't need to bring Dad into this though.

I sigh as soon as I can't hear her steps along the hall anymore, then rush to my door and lock it. I realize I'm wearing the same clothes I wore last night. My black jacket covering a yellow shirt and blue jeans. This is not actually happening, right?

Raising my hand, I scan the bracelet around my wrist though. I need to hide it from Lia at all cost. Because judging by how the ruby and the welded gold seemed real, she could have snatched it away and sell it even faster than she can scold me.

The thought that the guy from yesterday being my fairy Godmother hits me again and for the first time I take the time to consider the implications of it. He teleported me and made Lia forget I was out last night.

Last night he mentioned the bracelet gave him access to my location and thoughts. My eyes widen at the realization and I spring to my window to roll the shutter down. He could be spying on me at any moment.

I turn the bracelet around my wrist to find a clasp. Two turns and nothing. I can feel a fine layer of sweat forming on my forehead. I place my pinkie between metal and skin, making my finger a hook that forces the bracelet upward. I squirm, but the effort doesn't make the gap large enough for my hand to slide out.

I hurts like hell and I cause red marks to appear both on my finger and on my wrist, but the damn bracelet remains there.

I turn to the painful sight of my broken bike above my drawer. There goes Dad's gift that I used to value the most. I need to do something about it. I grab the bent wheel resting against the wall, then a brilliant idea hits me. And it motivates me to grab both wheels and the pink, glittered frame and go down the stairs to take them to garage.

I don't need to enlarge the bracelet when I could cut through the damn thing. As soon as I deposit the pieces of the bike in a dusty, dark corner of the garage, I storm to the toolbox find pliers.