Bonus Chapter

This was originally chapter three of the book but after thinking, i wanted to make the reveal as surprising as possible, thus i unpublished it and have now added it as a bonus chapter.

So

Nadiyah's Pov

"I don't understand why you're in love wit him Naddie, he's a total jerk"

my long time best friend Melody comments to me after catching me starting at Mason Harper.

"No Mello you're only saying that bet he's talking to Madison." I reply lazily to my best friend.

Madison is the schools typical queen bee but truth be told I honestly understand where Melody is coming from.

In sixth grade on the first day of school Maddie put ketchup in Melodies gym shorts;white gym shorts, and told everyone she was on her periods.

All because Melody said she didn't like her new Prada bag.

As for me and my obvious crush on Mason, I've liked him since second grade, some kid pushed me and he was the only one who stopped to help me up.

"Well can you really blame me for not liking the wicked witch of the west?"Melody grumbles out.

"Plus I think he's dating her" Melody points in forward,as I shut my locker I turn around to be met by the scene of Maddie kissing Mason's cheek a few meters away from me.

Oh how I wish that was me, but a small part of me understands why it isn't. In the eyes of the school Mason and Maddie practically are made for each other.

Like why wouldn't the golden boy of the school date the golden girl of the school? It's literally like the ultimate power couple.

Plus who wants to date a black girl from Africa when he could have a pretty tanned goddess?

Slowing to my gaze away from them,a small lump forms in my throat,as I push off the lockers walking in the opposite direction.

I hear Melodies footsteps follow closely behind mine, catching up so that we're in a sort of rhythm.

"I honestly think it's best if you just let go of you're little crush" I hear her saying before stopping in front of her class which just so happened to be directly opposite mine.

"But I can't Mello you know when can't, it's not a crush to begin with. I'm in love with him , I have been for the last 10 years" I try to reason with her

Letting out a knowing sigh she beings to speak again.

"Look Naddie all I'm trying to say is that if he hasn't noticed you all these years why would he suddenly notice you now?"

"Because I-uh I-i um"I say, biting my lip in embarrassment.

"Naddie what did you do?" Melody looks at me in seriousness"Nadiyah tell me."

"I wrote him a letter" I whisper shyly to her not wanting to meet her intense gaze.

"Naddie speak up" she says in irritation.

"I said I wrote him a letter" I speak a little louder for her to hear me, this time looking up to see her expression.

"Nadiyah what the actual hell! At least tell me you didn't write your name?"she yells at me in disbelief.

This is why I didn't tell her to begin with, I knew she wouldn't approve, not because she doesn't want us together but she fears that he'll tell someone and I'll get bullied again.

Believe it or not I've been wanting to write him a letter for a while now, I don't know writing how I feel down in a piece of paper is some what very relaxing for me.

Plus I'm way better with words on a piece of paper than I am in person.

"No I didn't Mello" I tell her in honestly hoping that she understands

A heavy sigh leaves her plump pink lips as she rolls her caramel colored eyes into the back of her head, pinching the brink of her nose, her pale white skin contrasting to the one on her face as it's delicately covered in freckeles.

"I- I think you should continue"Melody voices out after a long minute, leaving me in astonishment.

That definitely wasn't the comment I was preparing for.

"What?" I ask in confusion, hey maybe I'm not reading her right. I've never been good at telling people's expressions anyways.

" I think you should continue with the anonymous letters, Maybe and that's a big maybe Nadiyah, he'll finally notice you, I mean you've always been better at writing things out anyways." She explains.

"So what you're saying is I should basically become his secret admirer?" I ask still in slight confusion as to what she exactly means.

"Not exactly but yes" she replies, well that was informative, note the sarcasm.

"Mello you ain't making sense right now."I say in a very whiny tone, like what you mean yes but no? Where the hell is that an answer.

"Look you're practically in love with Mason but can't express it right? So maybe you can use your ability to write to woo him. Not express your feelings head on but subtly let him in, make him want to read the letters, to practically look forward to them, make him live for them. And if you can do that dearest Naddie trust me this boy will be begging for your hand in marriage." Melody explains with a slight evil glint in her eye.

Okay she's crazy and a psycopath but maybe she's right, maybe I can make Mason see me, the real me through these letters.

"Okay I'll continue"I say in a very determined voice.

Yeah sis a letter a day make Mason come my way.

"Exactly girly operation Love Nadiyah is a go" she laughs at her comment while walking into her class room

I chuckle with her in happiness as I turn to my own classroom.

Operation Love Nadiyah, it has a nice ring to it, plus what could go wrong?