Chapter 47

Mason Harper POV

Angrily making my way over to our table I stop next to melodies side.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me she was moving?!" I ask Melody angrily.

"I didn't think you needed to know" she replies carelessly shrugging un-phased by my tone towards her.

"And why didn't you think I needed to know such important information" I seethe at her as she narrows her eyes at me.

" Because Mason need I remind you that Nadiyah's whereabouts are non of your concern" Mello spits out glaring daggers at me.

By now the conversation at the table has completely halted everyone watching our little exchange.

"But I told you I still cared about her Melody, of course I'd want to fucking know if she's MOVING!" I exclaim in aggravation causing her to stand up.

"And I already told you Harper that you should have thought about that before you broke her goddamn heart!" Melody sneers out with just as much venom as I, her eyes burning holes into my skull.

"Dammit Melody! I Know I was wrong!" I shout slamming my fist against the long polyclinic table.

"You should have at least apologized to her!" She spits at me as Jason stands up pushing us away from each other.

"Okay guys let's just take a moment to calm down" He says as I look around the table notices how they everyone else but melody can't meet my gaze.

Then it dawns on me

"You all knew didn't you?" I ask in disbelief, my question hanging in the air, only met by a thick wave of silence.

"You all knew and didn't tell me? Eleanor say something!" I demand glaring at her.

"It wasn't our place to say Mase" Ellie pleads as I stare at her unable to understand this betrayal.

"So you we're just going to let her leave? without letting me know?" I question only to be once again met with silence.

"Jason, say something for yourself!" I shout annoyed with their lack of answer's.

"I'm sorry ma-" I cut him off not believing what I'm hearing.

"Bullshit! You're not sorry! Non of you are! You lied to me, All of you! How could you just let her fucking leave huh?!" I question once again

I can't believe my own best friends didn't tell me. I had to find out from a girl I barely even knew.

What was worse was the fact I knew they wouldn't have told me until I had noticed it for myself.

So much for loyalty.

"Maybe if you didn't fucking hurt her non of this would have happened Mason its your fault we didn't tell you!" Collin pipes in angrily as Eleanor holds his hand trying to get him to sit down.

"My fault? How" I ask confused.

"Yes your fault dumb ass, we've all been walking on eggshells around the both of you, having to plan separate dates and days to yang out with one of you all because you fucked up. You didn't know what you wanted and took the easy way out when shit hit the fan, so of course we didn't tell you! How could we when even bringing up her name is a taboo topic for you!" He explains glaring at me at the end.

"You should have still told me I deserve to kno-" I begin to only be cut off by Collin

"Still told to so that what? You could go over and try to win her back? Hasn't she been through enough already?" He questions sarcastically cocking his eyebrow in a mocking manner.

"So that I could apologize to her" I say quietly glaring down at my fists in anger.

"Well then lover boy, you have less than ten minutes to try and catch her"

Sending a sharp glare at him I roughly grab my coat and rush out.

I wouldn't admit it to his face but Collin was right, I didn't have that much reason to be mad at them for not telling me that Nadiyah was moving.

However the anger and betrayal I felt at the fact they'd let her leave without letting me at least say goodbye to her hurt so much.

But I had no time to ponder over how I felt about it right now, I only had a few minutes before I'd miss the chance to say a proper goodbye and I wasn't going to waste it.

Rushing into my car I quickly backed out of the almost empty school parking lot. It was a race against time and I'd be damned if I lost.

I must have broken every speeding law there was as I raced down towards Nadiyah's home, I didn't care as long as I made it in time.

Just as I neared her home I could see her and get brother get into the car, I increased my speed cursing that I couldn't go any faster.

"Shit! ughhhhh"

I reached her house just as their car was pulling out, I could see her thick curly hair through the back window, I could make it.

"Wait!"

Hopping out if the driver's seat, not bothering to switch the ignition off or close my door I began to run after the car.

"Wait! please!"

but I was too late, her car was already moving towards the high way, leaving me in the dust as I stared at it from almost a mile away.

I was too late.

Sighing to myself I begin to drag myself back to my car defeated.

Could this day get any worse?

Suddenly my phone begins to buzz in my pocket, quickly pulling it out I notice my dad's the one who called.

I thought he was in a meeting?

"Hey dad what's up" I greet trying not to sound as sad as I feel

"Mase, where are you come home right now" he says, my steps falter in confusion.

"What? Why what's going on?" I question , but I'm surprised when I'm greeted with silence.

"Dad?" there's a long tense pause that causes me to check the phone to see if he hang up.

"Mason its you're mother, she's dead."