Chapter 15: A Shopping Spree

Edited 21 August 2023

Nadiyah's POV

"Nadiyah Natalie Roseine get your butt out of bed right this instant!" I hear a voice call out to me.

What the hell, it's Saturday morning who is trying to wake me up so early? I definitely can not be my family since everyone was out this weekend letting me have some much needed peace and quiet in the house.

"Nadiyah!" I hear the same voice shout from behind my door.

Maybe it's a burglar, but why would the thief know my name? And aren't they meant to be quiet?

"Shut up!" letting out a loud throaty groan, grabbing the white and black checkered vans sneaker that was carelessly discarded by the side of my bed last night and I throw it towards the voice as hard as I can as it hits the door with a loud bang.

"Did you just try and throw a shoe at me?"I hear the very famine voice question in a mixture of shock and disbelief, "I swear to everything on this green earth Nadiyah you have some nerve!"

Muttering a string of incoherent curse words I snuggle into my warm comfy duvet a little more, the voice being drowned out as I'm lured to a peaceful sleep once again.

Sadly that peace only lasted me a maximum of five minutes because next thing i know a heavy body is being thrown on me as a pillow aggressively smacked my head assaulting me repeatedly.

What the actual hell it was scary for goodness sake!

"Goddamn Melody get your heavy ass off me!" I exclaim as i manage to successfully push her off of my bed.

"This would have not happened if you had just peacefully cooperated with me." She shouts in annoyance, rubbing her bum as i did kinda of push her off very hard.

But she deserved every ounce of pain she was feeling, how dare she disturb my only Saturday alone?

Reaching for my old iPhone 6, i click the power button to see the time is only eight forty five am, it's still so early.

"Melody why the actual hell are you waking me up on a Saturday especially at eight in the morning!?" I snap watching her excitedly jump back up on my bed like a little puppy on steroids.

"Because we need to go to the mall before all the good stores open!" Melody reply to me in a sort of 'duh' tone as if it's the most obvious reason in the world.

What the heck are we even going shopping for at eight am, it should be illegal to be up at this time on a weekday , yet alone a weekend

"Shopping for what exactly?" i question still not understanding why i'm being woken up.

She often goes shopping without me most of the time so why wake me up in the middle of my very vivid dream of me, having a burger with Liam Hemsworth?!

He was just about to wipe the ketchup from my chin as I gazed into his beautiful blue eyes but noooo i'm now awake like a normal person.

Really? A burger with a Hemsworth twin? Wow how could you still be boring in your dreams

Hey! aren't you supposed to be telling me nice things like 'that's a great dream Nadiyah'

Sweetie I'm your subconscious, i'm not about to start lying to you, that's your hearts job.

"We are going to shop for outfits for the party!" Melodies voice jolts me out of my thoughts as the weight of her words begin to sink in.

Outfits for a party? What party? Ohhh! That Party wait? Absolutely FUDGING NOT!

"What the hell? No i'm absolutely not going to some teenage infested party with you!" The thoughts of every scenario of what could go wrong quickly begin to play through my mind.

"What! Why?!" Melodies voice questions me as if she is not my best friend and does not know exactly why i do not want to go to a party.

Because we all know that the Great Nadiyah Rosine does not do parties, let's just say i have a very bad reoccurring history with parties.

"Melody you know exactly why i do not want to go. It's hot it's sweaty and I don't feel like getting harassed or groped by some horny std infected teenager this evening " I say in a very stern voice as i give her a pointed look.

"Oh come on Naddie it was one time!" She whine's knowing very well that it was not just'one time.'

"Melody! i'm not getting molested again or yet alone puked on by a random stranger for the fifth time in a row!" I yell in exasperation, as i recall the many times I've gone to a party and come back home smelling like a sewer because some random person decided to use me as a puking bag.

That did not sound right but anyways, we move.

"Come on Naddie i'll buy you IHOP for the rest of the week if you agree, pretty pretty please best friend" Melody says as he bats her eyelashes at me.

I'm not giving in I'm just not. There's absolutely no good reason why I should go, sure one of the hottest guys in my school who also happens to be my locker buddy would be there.

And I could possibly meet some new people and potentially make a new friend or even crazier finally find a guy interested in me.

That all sounded very appealing but was it really worth the hustle and bustle of the disgusting house parties?

Glancing back over at Mel I see her giving me her best pleading look and damn her Bambi eyes how can I say no to that?

sigh I guess Hemsworth will have to wait for another day.

Muttering a low " I really hope I don't regret this" I let out a loud defeated groan i hop out of bed and go take a much needed shower.

Behind me I hear I hear melody singing an Energetic thank you as she exits my room. I swear the things i do for my best friend.

After taking a nice long relaxing shower, i lotion myself up and pick out a simple outfit that compromises of a white my chemical romance t-shirt and some light blue denim washed jeans with my white converse.

Hmm i could say i look sorta cute, I mean I am but still gotta appreciate the merchandise you know what I mean? Wink wink

You're not funny

Jeez tuff crowd

Pulling my long unruly curls into a high messy bun i slap on some lip gloss and i'm just about ready to go. Making sure to put my Phone and wallet in my back pocket.

"Yay! You are FINALLY ready lets go! We're already late!" Melody cheers as i walk down the stair.

" Well I mean maybe if I was a more willing participant of this horrendous idea I wouldn't have taken so long" I grumble out walking to the kitchen to grab a granola bar.

I can't be dragged out of be early AND hungry, no sir I got to pick a struggle.

"Nadir stop being so dramatic, it's going to be fun trust me!" Melody says as I throw an unimpressed look her way.

"Sure."

Rolling her eyes she rushes to usher me out of the house and into the car, not before remembering to lock the front door.

" Now to the Mall!" Melody beams as I gently lean my head against the window, closing my eyes I send say a silent prayer

Please lord do not make me regret this.

*****

i'm done with this chapter! Finally!