12. All This Science I Don't Understand

Playing the piano just seemed to ease all my troubles and worries. My fingers lightly touching the keys, hearing the melody it makes from that mere touch, was pure bliss. I hadn't played in quite some time. But I learned everything I know from my amazing uncle. I always believe, that I got all my talent gifted to me by Uncle Elton and Uncle David. They made me a dreamer, ambitious, driven. Driven to prove myself. It sparked something inside me that changed my life. It made me a better person. And as the melody of Rocketman filled the world so beautifully around me, I found myself closing my eyes and living in the moment.

"And you constantly say I can do everything. But yet, I'm learning you can do something new almost every day love." I grinned, not faltering my playing from Taron's words so softly spoken in my ears, feeling him sitting next to me. He had been getting his hair done for the next parts of the film and wanted to surprise me. He was actually cutting his hair just like my uncles. He felt doing a balding cap wouldn't be realistic. And I agree. But that's a huge step. Considering how much Elton Jr. here loves his precious hair.

"I want to open my eyes so badly. But I'm also scared for you. But, judging by the sound of your voice, you sound calm." His little chuckle greeted me as I softly opened my eyes, finally scanning his handsome face and seeing just how he looked.

"And you freaked over nothing

"And you freaked over nothing. Taron, you look handsome as always." I nudged him slightly with a soft chuckle, continuing my playing. I called her. Betty. It was.... unexpected. It was nice conversation, catching up on the last few years since we saw each other. She has two sons and a husband. Two other kids.... but didn't take me back. She just merely started over. Was I just a reminder of what she was like? Looking at me reminded her of her drug fueled days? To say it hurt, was an understatement. But, I stayed as strong as I possibly could while on the phone with her. She's been clean for 8 years, designs clothes and spends time with her family to keep her head above water. I was proud of her to be honest. To do something she never thought possible. But she has a whole other family. Without me.... But all I could do was picture Uncle Elton and Uncle David, the boys. And I knew that was my true home. So why does it hurt so badly?

"You and your flattering of me will cause me such issues with my ego. And you wonder why I'm a diva." I rolled my eyes with a laugh leaving my lips, bringing myself back down from outer space where my thoughts lingered constantly.

"But it's all true Taron. I mean for instance, you're going to be submerged in water for god knows how long, just to film a scene. You want to go all in. And that is talent. A talent this world rarely ever sees anymore. You're brilliant." Our eyes finally met and I couldn't look away. In a way, it was like I was sitting here with my uncle. He just looked so much like him with his hair the way it is now. The way they have his teeth looking, the way he's dressed, it was the most surreal moment in my life. But here's this man that I've fallen so incredibly in love with over the course of the film. It terrified me to no end.

"It's a new experience love. I think I can handle it." We grinned at one another as we started to sing the words to Rocketman, getting him prepared for the scenes to come. Working for Taron is the easiest job someone could possibly ever have. He's so sweet and fun to do anything with. It felt like fate that we met. I'm on this whirlwind journey through my life, finding myself and what I can be. And here is Taron, my guide, if you will. Like Uncle Elton and Uncle David, he's showing me the ways of the business. He's helping me along, showing me that I shouldn't give up. We're all performers in one way or another. And the show must go on.