15. Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

"What do I do..... to make you want me... What have I got to do..... to be heard." The soft melody of the piano my fingers have happily played for quite some time, filled my ears with the softest sound while my words rung out around me like a haunting voice, reminding me of that little girl in so much pain, longing for her mom and dad to want her. To love her. Holding out hope that someday, they would come for her, hold her so tightly to them and never let her go. But you see the funny thing is, that was just a fairytale a little girl made up years ago to warm her at night. Because she was born with so much hope.

"What do I do.... to make you love me...." And as my eyes lingered on my fingers softly playing away, soothing me somehow, I slowly looked up to see Taron standing in the doorway, his handsome, little smile showing. Usually, I would have stopped playing all together because someone was watching me. But amazingly, I kept going.

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word....." I slowly came to a halt, pressing the last key with a little sigh escaping my lips. I met with him. My dad. And it went exactly like I pictured it would. Awkward, not really knowing what to say, all the hurt and anger I've held for years just wanted to burst out of its cage, screaming in his face and asking, why? Why didn't you want me?

"That was beautiful love." He came to sit next to me on the bench that held so many memories of me as a little girl with Uncle Elton teaching me how to play for the first time. And Uncle David sitting next to me with their eyes locking together in the most loving way. And as my eyes locked with Taron's, I felt it. Love. True love that I thought would be impossible to find.

"It felt good to get it out

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"It felt good to get it out. Last night was a mess Tar..... you know he only wanted to talk to me to get a job....?" My eyes started to water all over again, just remembering our exchange. And when it was all over, it felt like lightening had struck my heart, shattering it into a million pieces.

"He has no idea what he's missing out on. You're the most beautiful, smart, loving, kind woman I've ever met in my life. And if he can't see that, then he didn't deserve you in the first place." I softly wrapped my arms around Taron, laying my head on his shoulder with my tears softly pouring out, the first time I've cried since leaving the cafe we met at, hearing that question ringing in my mind over and over. He didn't even ask how I've been, or anything about me at all. Just cut straight to the chase. And to say I was heartbroken, was an understatement.