16. You Can't Hold Me Forever

The biggest chapter in my life, was so close to being over. In the course of the whole production, I've managed to sketch endless pictures of Taron. I've captured Jamie and Richard, Angie and Uncle David and Uncle Elton. They were my inspiration. The whole filming process was captured in these notebooks of mine, to look back on years from now to admire my first big achievement. Rocketman. The glitz. The glamour. The star studded outfits and the beautiful music I've heard countless times in my lifetime. But what Taron did? Was beautiful. His voice is perfection. The soundtrack is marvelous. And the fact that I will be featured in one with him? Is the strangest feeling I've ever had. Singing one of my Uncles songs, with someone I love so much. Press was coming up soon for the film. The promotional tour. All of it was going to be a blast. And apparently? Carpool Karaoke wants Taron and Richard to do an episode! But there's a catch. They want me as well. Me! I thought it was a joke at first. But apparently what Betty did with my sketch of Taron, has been getting loads of buzz. My social media accounts have sky rocketed, wondering who I was exactly. And wanting to know everything about me. Sure, it's widely known that i was adopted by Uncle Elton and Uncle David. But beyond that? I've always been so private. Until now. But the amazing thing, is that I was given this position in the first place. From the first day I walked onto set and knocked on Taron's door, it's been a rollercoaster ride of a journey. If you had asked me mere months ago if I thought this would be my life, I would have been absolutely hysterical from the mere thought. I was incredibly shy and reserved. So for me to be dating a man like Taron Egerton? Is beyond me. But he's the reason I've broken out of my shell, stepped out of my comfort zone and into a world so unimaginable to me. A world of endless possibilities, just waiting for me to discover. It all sounds so cliche. Guy meets girl. Girl falls madly in love with guy. But to be honest, it was a dream come true. And I just had to tell myself, you can't hold me forever from being who I was meant to be. Stop hiding. Start enjoying.

"Can you believe it Betty?! Me! I'm going to be on Carpool Karaoke. Pinch me now." She suddenly did just that, causing a louder than expected squeal to leave my shocked mouth.

"See? It's not a dream beauty! This is your life

"See? It's not a dream beauty! This is your life. And honey? You deserve it." She suddenly hugged me, putting a huge grin to my lips. We've become quite close since the day she came onto set, turning my world upside down. But, I'm glad she did. Because we click like no other. It's as if time never passed. Sure, she's my mom. But it's like she's my older sister.

"And that dreamboat of yours? Well his voice will knock them out. And to think you get to hear that any time you want...." Her little wink from I can only imagine what, had me rolling my eyes. I can see why her and Uncle Elton were such great friends.

"Yes she does. And I think she'll be ready to deck me one by the end of it all. Huh love?" Taron reached down to kiss my cheek, looking incredibly handsome as always. He had just gotten back from having lunch with Tina and the girls. And he was so incredibly happy. Which made my day even better.

"Nonsense Egerton

"Nonsense Egerton. Now! You better get that big ass of yours in the devils outfit honey. You know, since you're always going on about your massive ass. So.... those are your words. Not mine." I sent him a little playful smile, just enjoying toying with him. We banter like no other. And it's hilarious.

"You love this massive ass I carry. So there." His little diva nose tilt, had me dying every time he did it. And Betty was just loving the scene before her. She came down to set today to enjoy time with us and meet Tina and the girls. Just to say that, is incredible. Having my mom back in my life, made me feel on top of the world. She even went ballistic when she found out about my supposed dad and what he did, lying straight through his teeth to her on his intentions with me. But it's all alright. I don't need him. Because I have all the family I could ever possible need or want. And they mean everything to me.

"Fine. You got me. I do. So get that ass out there, walk down that yellow brick road and make things right with Bernie!" I clapped my hands together ever so dramatically, referring to the scene him and Jamie are to film in a bit for Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

"Bernie knows I love him! Need I remind you that we haven't had one single fight?" I rolled my eyes, just as he went to get dressed, knowing that I'll need to help because let's be honest

"Bernie knows I love him! Need I remind you that we haven't had one single fight?" I rolled my eyes, just as he went to get dressed, knowing that I'll need to help because let's be honest. This outfit is massive. And the devil was coming to collect, yet again.

"I'll leave you two to it honey. I love you both." We exchanged kisses and hugs, before Betty walked out of Taron's trailer to head on home. I absolutely adored her family. My family. I love the boys. I love Arthur. And Uncle Elton and Uncle David? They get along so splendidly with them. So much was happening around me. But I'm glad it was.

"Alright Tar, I'm coming in. Prepare the battlegrounds. Putting this on might get ugly." He chuckled with a little eye roll, seeing he already almost had it all on. But I couldn't stop myself from looking at him nonetheless. He was so handsome.

"You stare any harder and I'll have holes all through my body love." He winked at me with his signature smile, melting me like usual.

"Well I can't help it sir. You're my boyfriend? How is it possible?" He chuckled a little, before coming to wrap me in his arms, looking down at me with his eyes locking with mine. That spark passed through us like it did the day we met. I could always feel it. Like magic.

"Because you tiny dancer, are the most incredible woman I've ever met. And you should really stop telling yourself otherwise." I hugged him to me with the worlds biggest smile upon my lips, feeling safe. Like I was home in his arms.

"And you Elton Jr., are the most incredible man I've ever met. Thank youuuu Uncle Elton!" We both laughed like crazy from my sudden shout to the skies above.

"You're welcome darling!!" We both jumped from the sudden yell outside the trailer of Uncle Elton himself, causing me to die laughing. Never a dull moment here in Rocketman world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the slow updates lately. But I do hope you're enjoying the story. And thank you so so much for reading and voting. It means the world to me. Hugs! 🤗