13. On Such A Timeless Flight

I'm having the time of my life. And I owe it all to the most important people in my life. The bond Uncle Elton and I have always shared, only seems to be growing stronger with this film about his extraordinary life. Just seeing it all come to life before me, gave me a bigger appreciation for him and just how hard he fought to be here today. But the beautiful thing about Uncle Elton? Is that he doesn't think of himself as better than anyone. He doesn't think of himself as perfect. Because no one is. He's humble, willing to help anyone in need, sweet and generous. Talented as can be. And raised me. Him and Uncle David are my hero's. Even if they don't fully realize that, they are. But with Betty back, it feels like I'm stuck in this void. I want so badly to have her back in my life. But I'm terrified. What if she leaves again because she can't stand to be near me? What if it brought back all these memories of our past?

"Hello darling. Are you okay?" I slowly looked up to Uncle Elton with a small smile on my lips, softly sketching away a picture of Taron in the Dodgers outfit he would be using today for the remaining Rocketman scenes. I knew he'd knock this scene out of the park.

"Yeah, I'm okay Uncle Elton. Betty asked me to come over for dinner." His eyes widened from my sudden words, still surprising myself honestly. It was all happening so fast. She wanted me to meet her sons and husband, get to know me better. And learn everything she's missed. But Uncle Elton and her have been talking more lately. They were such good friends at one point. They helped each other get through a horrible time in their lives. And Uncle Elton is not the kind of person to give up on you. He only wanted what was best for her. He always has.

"I'm just..... really nervous. She's changed so much. She seems..... happier. But without me. That's the problem. What if adding me back makes it worse and she pushes me away again?" My eyes were welling up just thinking it. And I hated it more and more each time I did. She made this whole life without me. Was I the problem?

"Honey don't say that. You could never make anything worse. She was sick. And only wanted you to have the best life possible. She does love you. She's just always had a hard time expressing that love." I always wanted her love. Even after all these years, it would be amazing to have her back. And as I sighed, softly closing my sketch book to prepare myself for filming with Taron, I looked to Uncle Elton again, before I stood and tightly hugged him to me.

"But at least I'll always have you and Uncle David. And my nuggets. And Taron. And...." I was cut off by Taron's little laugh greeting me from his trailer door, scanning him from head to toe in the Dodgers outfit with a huge smile coming to my lips upon releasing Uncle Elton.

"So see love? You've got plenty of people who love and admire you

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"So see love? You've got plenty of people who love and admire you. You're so easy to love. If only you could see that yourself." His words had my cheeks burning. But I couldn't stop looking at him. He looked so incredible.

"Wow Tar....." Uncle Elton and I both were gawking at him and I died laughing from the look Taron was giving us. He just can't help how good he always looks. People have to stare.

My Gift Is You {A Taron Egerton/Rocketman Fanfic}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें