My Wonderful Entcounter

• Dedicated to The Amazing John Green, who changed my life

Now

It has been 6 days since my wonderful encounter with (not) Ingrid, yet she had not called me. I was thinking about calling her, but I didn't want to come across desperate. So I was wanting for a text or a call-and god had I been waiting.

Yesterday I spend all day with my phone in my hand waiting for her to call-she never did. Maybe she felt sorry for me and just played along until it was over? Maybe she did like me? I don't know, but I do know which one I hope is right.

The past 6 days were more depressing than normal. I was heart broken that Ingrid did not call me back, but I didn't tell anyone. My mum knew something was wrong but she knew I didn't want to talk about it.

"Isaac, will you help me with my homework?" Graham asked whilst enter my jungle as a bedroom (may I just say without knocking the door).
I let of a long sigh "what homework, is it?" I say while turning my chair around. "English" he replies, I get my paper and pencil ready and mat the chair next to me-he sits down.

Graham homework was harder than I though, I pretend you get it and after a while I do. Only half an hour into the homework, my phone starts to ring. Ingrid. I pick the phone
Me:Hello.
Ingrid: Hey.
Me: Ummm.
Ingrid: Its not Ingrid.
Me: Oh, well hello not Ingrid.
Ingrid: So Isaac are you free in 10 minutes?
Me: Umm I guess. Well I am looking after my brother, but I guess he can go to his friends.
Ingrid: It's okay, just me in the park pronto.
Me: Okay

I put the phone down, "Graham we are going to the park.

++++

When we get to the park Graham leads me to a bench. "So where is your new girlfriend?" Graham ask laughing.
"Well for starter, she not my girlfriend and second it's not of your business" I snap back elbowing him.
Wow, sorry diva" he says laughing.
"Shut up" I reply, laughing myself.

"Hey, Isaac and Isaac's brother" Ingrid say a smile in her voice.
"Well hello not Ingrid" I say, I can't help but smile.
"Please call me Ivy" Ingrid-Ivy-says.
"I'm Graham, Isaac amazing brother" Graham says, been a cocky little brat as normal,"Whats that is your bag?"
I heard her unzip her bag "My new, hot off the press, book" she says giving me and Graham one.
"What is it about?" I ask interested.
"It's about a girl who finds herself in a bad crowd and a lot of trouble" she replies.
"Do you want to come round for dinner?" I ask, totally off subject.
"Okay" she says "do you want me to drive?"
"Okay" I reply, I offer her my arm and she take it, I almost forget that my 12 year old brother is standing next to me.

++++

As soon as we are home, I make sure to keep In-Ivy away from my embarrassing Mom and Brother.
"Hello Isaac," my Mom says from the other side of the room "who is this?"
I take a step forward and point at Ivy "this my friend Ingrid, but she likes to be called Ivy."
Mom laughs "It's lovely to meet you Ivy" Mom leads us to the living room "so Ivy, how are you today?"

Mom talks to Ivy for what seems like hours, asking question like: do you go to collage, how are you parents, why don't you like been called Ingrid? After my Mom's interrogation is over, we down for dinner.
"This is lovely Mrs-" Ivy starts.
"Please call me Frankie," mom says.
We are all finished then Graham opens he's big gob "what that on your face?" Graham asks Ivy. Before I Can shout at Graham, Ivy starts to talk.
"Oh, well, I was in a fire when I was 15 and well it left a scare" she answers her voice sad and empty "I felt quite sorry for myself when it first happen, not many people think scares are attractive-especially on faces." There was an awkward silence at the table.
"So who wants pudding" Mom asks, way to excited.

After pudding I decide to take Ivy to my amazing den - the basement.
"This is were all the magic happens" I say gesturing to the PlayStation.
"You can still play been" she starts but then stops "you know blind?"
I sigh "Well, it is different than other PlayStation if thats what you mean" I say picking up a controller and handing it in her direction.
"Isaac I'm over here" she says rom behind me. She laugh and so do I.
"Sorry" I say passing her the controller this time.

After about a hour of playing, talking laughing Ivy decides to go home.
" It was nice sending time with you Isaac' she say kissing me on the cheek.
I blush "you to" I say as she gets into her car.
"Bye Isaac" she shouts throught the window.
"Bye Ivy" I shout back.

When I walk back inside I can tell my mom and Graham are looking at me.
"Did you think just beacuse I was blind, I couldn't get a friend that happen to be a girl" I say.
My mom laugh "of corse not Isaac" she say "you were always a charmer."
"Oh Mom stop it" I say "I'm blushing."
We laugh and talk for a bit, before we decide to go to bed.

I'm lucky for my life, it might not have Gus and Hazel but it has somethink better - somethink they would want me to have - love.