under your spell ☽

c h a p t e r   8

u n d e r   y o u r   s p e l l

1) — TELEPATHIC POWERS

. . . The angel can read or sense another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally or affect their minds and thoughts. Has two common abilities or categories; Telepathic Communication which is the ability to transmit information from one mind to another and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind knowing an opponent's moves and attacks.

Pushing up her round reading-glasses, Chi blows out a huff of air, as she tries to keep her focus on the thick book splayed out in front of her. Leaning back in her stool-chair, she stretches her body feeling how the bones in her back crack slightly, the yearning from sitting in the library for so long aching in her body.

She lets out a frustrated groan as she glances down on the scribbled notes regarding telepathy, the handwriting so hard to read due to the fountain pen, the black ink smeared at some points.

Running a hand through her loose hair, Chi finds herself procrastinating as she's always had a bad habit of doing whenever she's trying something she's not good at.

She's been sitting in the huge library for several hours by now, noticing how the golden hour is slowly approaching as she turn her gaze over her shoulder and glance in the direction of the sunlight shining through the large oval window, lying on the tiled marble floor like sweet honey.

She's been surrounded by other studying angels all day long, their small whispers and sips over mindfulness-tea served as her company. But now as she's sitting in the grand library this late afternoon she's almost all by herself.

Telepathy is not one of her classes, at least not yet. This is pure self-studying and Chi knows that it takes more of her than to beat around the bush like this. Especially if she ever wants to have a chance to be able to have a telepathic connection with her mother.

These past weeks, the thought of her mother and older brother takes up most of her time whenever she's off from classes. She's been having this gnawing feeling in the pit of her stomach, the feeling of guilt and the missing of a final closure. She never meant to die, she never meant to leave her family so suddenly. Thinking about her mother makes a lump form in her throat.

She can clearly picture her, her white and dark-blue checkered apron with the bow in front of her stomach. The aromas of her fresh baking comes flooding into her mind, making her heart leap and there's a moment of serenity. Chi sees her in that apron, arms wide, a hug just a few steps away. 

"You're still here?"  

A male voice from behind startles Chi in her roaming thoughts as she quickly leads her hand to her face, drying away the tears that has spilled down her cheek.