damned ☽

c h a p t e r   1 8

d a m n e d

S E O K J I N   P E R S P E C T I V E

Nibbling on my bottom lip I watch as the delicate curtains in my window flow silently, the gentle breeze entering the room from the outside making them move faintly. The yellow sun paints the floor like a gooey egg yolk, the warm strokes hitting my body slightly. It's like the same warmth that's buried inside of my chest right now as I turn my head and glance over at the pretty angel that's beside me, face calm and soft, eyes closed.

But it has to be because of the warmth of the sun — not her. Right?

The shuffling beside me makes my thoughts evaporate instantly as Chi-Sun stirs lightly, her body moving closer to me on the king-sized bed. Without another thought my arm encircles around her shoulders and pull her in gently. Her head slumps to my shoulder loosely, her face sinking into my chest.

I swallow thickly, moving my other arm to wrap around her front, the soft silk duvet between us, making sure our bare chests aren't touching.

Noticing my body stiffen, my eyes move their way to Chi-Sun's features. Her eyes closed, long dark lashes fluttering slightly. She lets out a weary sigh, one hand curled into the smooth fabric of the cover around her, the other on my chest.

Time seems to be irrelevant in this moment, and somehow I can't tell how much time that has passed while she's been in here. In my arms, low huffs leaving her slightly pouty lips. It must have been some time for her to fall asleep.

Clenching my jaw I shudder slightly at the warm feeling erupting in my chest once more. Like a stroke of lightning, I realize that this is the first time this has happened. Not the first time a girl has been in my arms.

But for the first time it somehow felt. . . nice.

━━━━━━

Slowly closing the door to my room behind me I smile to myself before turning around, the living room seemingly empty as I make my way over to the kitchen to grab a drink.
The ice clinks and crack as I pour the fizzy soda over it and as I watch, a dark silhouette appears in the ice-cold see-through glass, the person standing behind me.

"We need to talk."

I blink slowly before grabbing the foggy glass, feeling the coolness on my tingling fingers.
I turn around slowly, a weary sigh leaving my lips as I watch the silver-haired male lean against the back of the couch casually.

"And what's there to talk about Yoongi?"
I take a sip of my drink, the cool liquid calming down the warmth that's inside of me.

The black angel narrows his eyes at my frame, his dark-grey orbs more dark than usual, the intensity in his voice grabbing my attention.

"What's going on, Jin?"

Shrugging my shoulders carelessly I cock up an eyebrow at him and watch him grow even more irritated than he somehow already is. Stepping forward I move my way to my room once more, passing by Yoongi slowly.

"Whatever you're doing with Chi-Sun it has to stop."

I stop walking and turn around to glare at him, my eyes widening slightly at his words.

"And why is that?" I say, the hold on the glass between my fingers tightening.

Yoongi breathes in, his posture calm and collected as always. Silence hangs in the air for a few seconds and I await his response even though I know where this conversation is heading.

"You already know why."

I gulp, noticing how my knuckles turn white, the grip on the cold glass so hard that a small crack forms at the top of it. I roll my lips together, head spinning with thoughts as my eyes are glued to my feet.

"I actually like her, Yoongi." I say, trying to keep my voice down but the anger within me takes over and I fail at the task.

"If you really like her, you'll stay away from her. This is a mistake and you know it. She's not good for you." The fair male speaks, the dark brows of his furrowed.

"What? You don't think I know this is fucking stupid? That me liking her is insane? I'm not supposed to feel shit! If any of the Arch Angels find out about this it'll be a fucking disaster. I know." I blur out, running a stressed hand through my hair.

"Then why even bother? Just tell her there's no. . . feelings, or whatever." Yoongi retorts, his tone bland and unbothered as he almost spits out the dreaded word. Feelings.

I let out a small sigh, my hand rubbing my neck slowly. "I don't know. . ."

Yoongi cocks up an eyebrow, biting on the inside of his cheek aggressively.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I don't fucking know, goddamnit!" I snap, "I can't explain this. It's— it's new to me as well and I'm confused as fuck. I know I should just leave her alone, but I just can't and I don't know why!"

Yoongi keeps his stand, arms folded over his chest. Staring at me in silence he lets out a small scoff before meeting my eyes fully.

"Trust me. You're already damned." He says firmly, his grey orbs as cold as the ice clinking in my glass.

Tearing my gaze from his I turn around and hastily move forward towards my room. Creaking the door open slowly I enter without a sound, closing the door. Turning around I expect to see Chi-Sun sprawled out in my bed, still sleeping soundlessly, ice-blond hair splashed over the silk sheets.

But what meets my eye instead is the soft silk sheets, abandoned and empty. Curtains still flowing in the soft breeze, the sun pouring in through them, but somehow it didn't seem as warm in here as it did just a few minutes ago.

It's almost like the white angel was never here.

But the sweet, crisp scent of fresh pine-trees and citrus hanging in the air tells me otherwise.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[a / n]

hello again 💚
omg it's been a hot minute since i updated this book !! i'm so incredibly sorry for the delay but damn i've had so much stuff going on. finding a new apartment, starting on a brand new job, spending time with friends and fam ... whew !!
but really, i'm SO sorry for keeping you guys waiting. hopefully you can forgive me 🥺

please vote and comment if you liked this chapter, it makes me happy and gives me great feedback 🌱

also ... what do you think yoongi's problem is? and where did chi-sun go?
let me know 👀

(also AGUSTD2 will be the end of me, period. therefore the dedication of the gif for this chap was for yoongi ofc)