juicy ☽

c h a p t e r 2 0

j u i c y

C H I - S U N   P E R S P E C T I V E

C H I - S U N P E R S P E C T I V E

Still thrown off about what just happened between Jungkook and Seo-joon I barely even realize when Darcie slams the door to our dorm shut, turning the lock with a snap of her wrist.

Nibbling on my bottom lip anxiously I watch her pace back and forth in the room, her fair hands running through her dark hair occasionally. She blows out a long breath of air before she finally looks in my direction, her expression hassled as she moves closer to me.

I blink fast, hugging my body tight as I prepare to get yelled at by my best friend.

"What the fuck was that? JK just punched Seo-joon in half! Did you see all that blood? And Jungkook had the audacity to just. . . laugh! He's a fucking lunatic, that's what he is. . ." Darcie rambles, her feet shuffling across the wooden floor as her eyes are wide and her voice risen.

I keep quiet, my racing thoughts pressuring on the inside of my head, almost as if my head could detonate like a minacious bomb. Darcie's words drown out in the room as if I'm underwater, only the faint pinch of her voice noticeable. All I see is plump lips, raven-black hair, a firm bare chest and all I hear is "I'm just as broken as you, angel".

"Chi!" I flinch as Darcie cups my face with her hands, her chocolate brown eyes boring into mine, "Spill. What in the name of God is going on? Where were you last night?"

My throat is dry and I find myself pondering on what exactly to say. Darcie must have been worried as hell, not knowing what happened after our trip to Earth.

"I'm so sorry Darcie. . . I should've came back here as soon as I woke up," My voice is shaky as I fumble over my words, my eyes darting from hers, "Everything went wrong back on Earth and I—"

"I know, Chi. I know about it. No need to apologize for it, I know how hard it must have been for you. I'm the idiot that should be sorry for leaving you alone. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." Darcie's eyes pry, the silvery tears ready to spill any second.

I pull her close, her warm body crashing against mine as I bring her shaky body towards mine in an engulfing hug. The warmth from her seeps into my bones, a comforting feeling spreading in my entire body. I breathe in her lavender scent — somehow this is what home had started to smell like and I had no complaints.

"Don't worry about it. I'll forgive you the day it's necessary. I always will." I whisper, loosening the grip on her slightly as we pull away.