Annoying house guest

Your head was pounding. The light in the room was way too bright, usually the blinds are closed so you don't lose your eyesight first thing in the morning. You groaned in your sleep, moving the sheets around    They felt a little different, a lot more silky and soft.. your hands dug into them inhaling in the smell of the sheets.

Wait this isn't your bed
You jumped awake, tumbling off the bed that's when Hawks instinctively softened your landing with one of his crimson feathers lowering you down.

"I don't understand how someone can sleep upside down.. you were hanging off the bed." Hawks leans over the bed watching you lay on the floor awkwardly.
You got all flustered, the room was too bright and your eyes were still adjusting. You had covered your eyes, rubbing them and whining. Hawks poked your stomach chuckling at the ridiculous pajamas you still had on.
"(Y/N), I have some ointment for your bruise on your face-"
He looked a little closer squinting
"Or is it a scar? Ah I don't think I noticed it before.. you cover it with makeup?"
As your half vampire form matures, it'll get more annoying to hide some of your features. Thankfully your fangs aren't super noticeable yet.

You opened one eye, "Its a birthmark, it uhm.. runs in the family."
Your butterflies had waken up too, they started flying around Hawks apartment. Landing on Hawks wings, he shivered.
"Mm, well I submitted the report for you. I still have a few questions though.." Hawks sits up on the bed and pats on the side next to him, ushering you to get up on the bed.
You crawled up onto the bed, not really wanting this interrogation to last any longer you put on a pout.
"Whaat?"
"Are you affiliated with any villains by any chance? When they put them into custody they knew your full name and everything.." Your eyes widened, but before he got to notice, you shoved your head into the bed.
"Or maybe.. a friend of yours is double crossing you? They didn't want to explain how they knew you, but for sure they regretted running into you.."

Words were stuck in your throat, did he already know who you were? You took a deep breath and gently touched the feathers on the bottom of his wings.
"I.. well.. they mentioned a relative of mine but I don't really know who these villains were,"
He saw that you were struggling to answer his questions, so he placed his hand on your head gently ruffling it.

"It's fine butterfly, I'll investigate and make sure they don't bother you again.. Well in the meantime I'll let you stay over, while I pay for the reparations of your apartment." He winked, tracing his finger along your birthmark
"But you owe me something, I haven't thought of it yet buuut, I'll let'cha know."

You can't help but feel like you haven't really done much as Hawk's assistant. It's like he hired you to keep him company.. or to keep his eyes on you. Does he suspect something? You rolled onto your back looking up at the hero.

"You're off today? Not even in uniform.. Still in,"
You realized how toned he is with the tanktop, making you freeze for a second.
"A super revealing tanktop, you slut" you joked, while getting hit in the head with a pillow
"Ungrateful, I'm keeping my eye on you because a group of villains ravaged your apartment yesterday! And you call me a slut?" Hawks dramatically made this weird expression that was supposed to look like he was angry.

His cheeks were puffed out, and you decided to poke one of them. He flinched cause your nails were a little sharp.
"Hey you should cut those things,"

Hawks wasn't the type to stay inside all day, the weather was nice outside after all. He stretched out his arms, letting his wings wiggle out. The little bit of wind from his wings blew your hair out of your face, defining the birthmark on your face.

"I hope you don't mind going out like that, I wasn't able to obtain a lot of your stuff into my apartment."
You frowned, "I'm wearing these pajamas outside?" Rolling on your side, putting on the hood to cover your face.
Hawks pulled the hood off your head,
"No.. Well if you wanted to I wouldn't argue,"
He brushed the hair out of your face, it tickled your nose so you huffed.

"I'm talking about the 'birthmark' you like hiding with makeup, I figured we should go out since the weather is nice."
You didn't answer, just stayed silent fiddling with the hair he just touched. Hawks groaned, getting up from the bed and heading to the door.

"I might stand out too much.. that's why I always cover it.." you muttered

Hawks scoffed, waving his hand away not believing in a word you just said. "Pfft, sure okay miss butterflies following you everywhere." He looked over at his wrist to check the time

"Ah, alright then if you're not ready in 20 minutes I'm going to lock you in my apartment and leave you." It didn't seem like he was joking, you moved out of bed slouching. You much rather stay in bed, since you didn't get much sleep last night.

"So what were you able to get from my apartment? I need a change of clothes.."

Hawks goes over to the closet next to the bed, opening it revealing a bunch of women clothes.
"Ya da" boom, you can finally go take a shower and leave him alone.

You raised an eyebrow at him, crossing your arms while you looked him up and down.

"So.. either you're a cross dresser, you have a lot of women over, or you—" using your fingers to count the issues

Hawks flicked your forehead, he looked pretty annoyed with you for the assumptions. More over the assumption that he was messing with other women and bringing them into the guest room.

"No, I had a relative that used to live with me. Can you please go take a shower and go get dressed?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose getting agitated. Hawks was getting hungry, he hasn't really eaten yet.

With some time, you figured it out. The guest bathroom was very well... complicated. You definitely would've used the jacuzzi, but Hawks has waited long enough so you used the shower instead. It was all so fancy with unnecessary buttons, Hawks should've explained the bathroom at least, but he would've left you by then.
It practically took you a half an hour to get settled.
——————————-