3. london

a/n: theres literally nothing to do this quarantine i hope its ok that im shooting out chapters every single day. hope ur all doing well x

"you need to stop overthinking all this, rhian. just ring him up."

my phone's been in my hand for what seems like a lifetime and i can already feel my palms sweating like hell.

"ollie, shut the fuck up sweetheart, rhian needs time to clear her head."

ollie pushes himself out of the dining chair. "right then, sorry." he walks over to the kitchen and grabs himself a glass of water.

alice frowns at me, her hand resting on my thin wrist. "you don't have to do it if you don't want to, babe."

but i have to.

it's been so long.

and how long's it gonna take for us to end up in the same place again anyway? for all i know they're probably here only for a couple hours before they take off to god-knows-where.

i take a deep breath. i have to do it.

my thumb is hovering above george's number and i gently tap on it, half of my mind praying my phone to shut off or completely break or something.

"i'm gonna leave you to it." alice whispers to me before walking back to the couch with ollie, who's sat there watching television.

i can feel my heart pounding out of my chest.

he picks up at the fourth ring.

"...rhian?"

he sounds confused. almost suspicious.

i too would be honestly.

i take a deep breath and put on the fakest smile in hopes to change my tone. "h-hey, george!"

well that was way too forced and pathetic.

"rhian, hey."

i shouldn't have called.

"wow... haven't heard from you in a while, yeah? how's it going?" george's voice hasn't changed a bit, and to be quite honest i figured he would sound more tired than before, which isn't the case at the moment.

i've picked on my nails so much they're practically bleeding at this point. "fine! everything's fine, i'm great actually." i clear my throat. "listen, uhm... i wanna make this quick since you're probably busy. is matty around?"

fuck me.

fucking elle. why'd she have to let me know they're in fucking london?

"matty? yeah, no, he's doing an interview at his flat at the moment."

not quite the answer i want to hear.

"i'm actually on my way there now, rhian, is everything alright?"

i drag my hand across my face. "oh, uh... that's lovely." the positivity in my tone can not sound any more fake. "uh... i was wondering when's a good time for me to come by? someone mentioned you're in london and—"