Eight: One More Time, One More Chance

"If I just wanted to avoid loneliness, anybody would have been enough"

anybody would have been enough"

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

"You're sure?  I can come to watch you practice?"  She asked, fiddling with her thumbs as they both walked the same path they did everyday after school.

He shocked her, with saying she could visit his practice match with a rivalry school.  Usually, he hated when she came to practices.  So the fact he was asking her to go watch him play shocked her, nonetheless.

"If you don't want to, then just say it."  He replied, slightly annoyed by her constant questioning.

"N—no! I wanna go! It's just weird 'cuz you usually you don't want me to come."  She said, her voice getting quieter as she reached the end of her sentence.

"Well, now I do."  Tsukishima said, his voice passive, but his words thinly coated with aggression, "Is there something wrong with that?"

"I never said anything was wrong with it!" Kohari defended, her lips dropping into a frown. "It's at Karasuno, right?"

"No, it's in Tokyo."  He stated, the girl deadpanned.

"Are you for real?"

"Yeah. I already asked Coach, you can come with us on the bus. But you'll need to help Yachi out with manager duties and other things like that." He spoke dryly, pushing up his glasses.

The girl blinked. It was nice that he found a way to take her with him to Tokyo, but couldn't he have settled the game plan after Kohari was okay to go? Sighing, she took her hair off her shoulders and nodded.

"Sounds good. What time do I have to be at school?" She did her best to hide the annoyance in her voice, not wanting to add onto to her boyfriend's already sour mood.

"Be there at six."

"Okay."

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

Standing in the gym, her eyes were filled with awe as she looked around.  The loud 'pang' of the volleyballs echoed through her ears as she watched both teams warm up.

"Kohari-chan?"  Yachi called, running up to the awestruck female.  "Can you help me prepare their water bottles?"