Nine: BEFORE LOVE CAME TO KILL US

"For a moment at least I knowYou were mine and it was beautifulBut winter comes and roses don't survive"

You were mine and it was beautiful
But winter comes and roses don't survive"

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

After that day, he never went near that cafe, despite having an uncomfortably large desire to do so. The familiar shine in her lilac irises bringing back so many memories. It was enough to draw him back into that loophole of being painfully, yet blissfully enticed to her. It was often he'd wonder if now that they were more mature, would they hit it off again? Would they be able to feel those feelings again?

He never said it aloud, but he always lamented over the shit he used to say to her, especially when he was annoyed. Tsukishima achingly realized how he had no filter. He still didn't have a filter, but learned to control it as he knew his foul words wouldn't aid to his future.

Now, maybe a year and a half did them both justice. They got exposure to the real world and had to grasp to the new way of living; of having to be on their own and balancing their chaotic lives.

Suddenly feeling his emotions take charge, he knew there was no escape. He always used his head—only believed what was in front of his eyes—until Kohari came around. It was like a foreign side of him came out. And it only came out when she had some kind of relation to his problem.

As the male laid in his bed on a slow, procrastination-filled Sunday, he swung himself up and off his bed, deciding he'd go on a run to clear his head and after, do something productive. He changed out of his lounge clothes, splashing his face with water and brushing his teeth.

As he slipped on his shoes, he felt a 'twang' in his gut; as if something was about to happen.

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

Her choked sobs made Yamaguchi feel guilty for Kohari. They were in the volleyball room and Kohari was having a mental break. He managed to calm her down, but her sniffles and tear-soaked eyes said enough.

"I'm sorry, Taira-chan, I don't know why he's being like that." The freckled boy muttered.

Kohari wiped her tear stained cheeks with the back of her hands. "It's not your fault, Yamaguchi-kun. I know I did something, but I don't know what... I didn't think he'd be acting so childish."

It shook almost everybody when they saw the blond male not acting snarky to one of his fangirls, instead, he was oddly indifferent; sometimes even flirting back.

The ravenette placed her hands on each side of her head, displaying how stressed she was. Her nose was so clogged it was getting hard to breathe, and the anxiety that began to eat at her wasn't helping either.

"What did I do, Yamaguchi-kun?" She said, "What did I do?" The quieter repeat of what she just said made Yamaguchi's mood drop. He felt so bad.