12

As I slipped down the halls bare foot my hair twirled and danced with the wind making me giggle

I all but bumped into a stone hard chest only to see Aro "hello little love" he smiled. Aro always had a kid like manner, well except when we almost tore father head off.

"Hello Aro" I hummed continuing to skip as he walked beside me.

I had time to ponder on the soulmate idea and I came to the conclusion to let go of the biases and to get to know my mates.

Yes they where killers and leaches but what else where they? There had to be more to their story.

A maid stoped next to me as she bowed not looking in Aro's direction "Your highnesses... your cousin and aunt are here in the throne room awaiting your presence" the poor women looked like she was about to faint to i shooed her off and skipped on.

"How long are you all staying here?" I turned to see Aro already looking at me with a unreadable expression.

He gave me a child like smile "a while, Bella" that threw me off. I sent him a confused look as he laughed lightly making me feel all warm inside "it's beautiful in my mother language" he answered my unspoken question causing a large smile to fall on my face.

He thinks I'm beautiful.

Nodding I turned back to the front of me stopping at the throne doors as Aro grabbed my hand and kissed my knuckles "I'll see you soon, Bella" then he was gone in the blink of an eye.

Standing tall I pushed the door open and walked in keeping my head up "Adam, aunty Millison" smiling I walked over to my grey haired aunt as she laughed pulling me in

Aunty Margaret was the most amazing woman I'd ever met besides mother. For asking as I'd been alive she had the biggest heart and most lovely smile.

"Hello August!" She lets me ago as Adam smirks and hugs me briefly. See me and Adam had a secret.

Now I'm not going to lie and say I was disgusted at first but after a few months of thinking it didn't matter to me the only thing that mattered is that he's safe and happy.

Adam had an attraction to other boys.

When he told me I was mad and confused. No one not even I had heard of such things but I suppose love is love no matter who it is.

If Adam found another male who was like him I'd want them to be happy.

"Cousin" he laughs while towering over me. Adam is your normal blonde prince with blue eyes. He had such sharp and masculine features and he stood at almost 7'8 feet tall.

My father glared at me bitterly "you two run along. The grown ups need to talk" Adam pulled me since I was rooted in place giving my father a nasty look right back.

Bitter old man

"Maria, you go too" Adam and I where almost out the door when he told my mother to leave as well making me frown. When we got outside the throne room doors my mother ran out and didn't stop running.

"Adam I'll be back..." I looked at where my mother ran too. He blew me a kiss and let my hand go "mama!"

I made a sharp turn at one of the corners and saw her crumpled to the floor with her back against the wall. She was sobbing but it didn't sound quite right.

When I got closer she looked up just as she open her mouth to say something and that's when I saw it. She no longer has a tongue.

What

The

Hell

Mama slammed her hand over her mouth looking at me with wide eyes "papa... papa did this to you..." piecing the picture together was rather easy.

She nodded before opening her arms for me. Lunging forward I fell into her arms "mama I'm so sorry..." I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

I don't know how long we sat there crying and holding each other but I pulled away and felt as if I had puffy eyes.

Mama had sent me off it looked as if she needed time to herself. My thoughts where racing as I sat on the cold stone of the hallway alone. I couldn't bring myself to move or do anything, my father had permanently silenced my mother, the woman who's soft spoken voice calmed me down as a child now had no voice.

"Little love" snapping my head up I spot Marcus' warm expression change to one of concern when he scans my face "Amore..." he pulls me off the grind and Carey's me bridal style making me clutch into his coat.

I hear him ask what's wrong but I can't form liable sentence. It's just jumbled words and that annoying sound you make when you try to breath while crying.

We enter my room when he lies me on the bed. He gets on the ground so he can look up at me, placing his cold hands on both sides of my face he cups my cheeks and looks at me wiping the tears with his thumb.

"Amore... what's wrong, what's caused you such distress" he frowns as I shake my head and start coughing violently.

Why was this happening?

Why did he do it?

Didn't he love her?

Seeing that he'd get no where Marcus stood and lied me back pulling the blanket over me and sitting at my side stroking my hair "sleep. When you awake you will be composed enough to tell me who or what has caused this" I nod numbly while laying my head in his lap.

Marcus chuckles before continuing to pet my hair as I fall asleep with the soothing feeling of his cold fingers running though my hair.

A/N early update... I spoil you all, a week early plus it's 1000 words smh.

See you next week lovelies x