Chapter V

A/N: Wow, it's been a while. Life got really crazy and I was finally able to get some well deserved time for mental health given that my country is in quarantine. Anyways, I'm back and ready to continue my favorite story.

-----

Footsteps hit the pavement as two pairs of shoes scraped against the ground. The owners of said feet were holding each other's hand as they walked up to the house and rang the doorbell. There was no answer after a few seconds and the boy let go of the girl's hand to start knocking on the door.

"Rikuuu! Open up! It's your best friends!" Sora began to shout at the door. He turned his head to Kairi as he continued to knock. "I don't think he's home, Kairi, that's weird." But as he continued knocking the door had opened and gave a few knocks into Riku's chest. Kairi pointed towards the door until Sora finally realized that it was no longer the front door, but Riku's chest that he was knocking on.

"Riku! Your chest feels just like the door!" Sora exclaimed in disbelief. Riku rolled his eyes before chuckling at his best friend.

"What is it, you dingus?" He then made eye contact with Kairi. "And Kairi." He added. She smiled back and laughed at his 'dingus' comment. She gave Riku a small wave as she waited for Sora to answer, but instead he let himself inside the house. Riku shrugged his shoulders then moved out of the doorway to let Kairi in. She followed Sora inside before Riku shut the door.

As soon as the door was shut, Sora finally felt that it was time to shout.

"RIKU! Why did you let Roxas sweep her away?!" Sora complained. While Sora started to rant about his cousin and [Y/N] he began to raid Riku's fridge for some juice. He then grabbed a cup out of a cabinet and poured some juice into it. He made himself a spot on the couch as he pouted while sipping on his freshly poured paopu juice.

"What are you even going on about?" Riku said. He took a seat on the other couch and Kairi gave Riku a glance. "Ugh, this again? I swear you two and my mom are pushing for some fairy tale magic to happen." Riku sulked into his seat.

"Riku, are you sure that you're okay with being single?" Kairi started. Her eyes wandered to the ground then made their way to Sora. "I mean..." She trailed off.

"You mean what?" Riku raised an eyebrow. Kairi continued to avoid any eye contact with Riku as she bit her lower lip, trying to find the words to break the news to her best friend.

"Well, the thing is...we don't want you to feel left out is all." Kairi said. She smiled, happy that she had found the right words without making the situation negative. Riku on the other hand didn't take it so positively, but he couldn't bring himself to get mad at Kairi so he remained calm as he replied.

"You're saying I'm a third wheel?" Riku said. Kairi winced at the words she was trying to avoid then sheepishly nodded.

"And this is why the new girl is PERFECT." Sora exclaimed. He had finished his juice and the empty cup was now resting on the coffee table in the living room. Sora wiped his mouth for any juice remains then stood up. "We should call her over here right now!" Sora said as he slammed a fist into his open palm. No one could stop him as he ran out of Riku's door and ran across the two lawns to [Y/N]'s house.

Riku sighed and looked at Kairi.

"If you give it a try, I promise that we'll leave you alone about her Riku. We just don't want you to feel left out is all." Kairi explained. Riku gave Kairi a sincere look.

"You promise that you'll leave me alone? Even Sora?" He asked. Kairi nodded and brought her pinkie towards Riku. She smiled.

"I pinkie promise you Riku that Sora and I will stop pushing the new girl on you if you go on one date with her." Kairi said. Her smile was there, but Riku was raising an eyebrow at her conditions.