Chapter VI

A/N: This is my favorite story to write.

-----

Walking down the stairs you were careful to not trip over Titan, who was getting dangerously close to your feet. You walked into the kitchen to see your mother cleaning up and your brother eating cereal. You looked to the top of the fridge, where the cereal boxes should have been but you were confused to see that nothing was there.

"Timmy, did you finish the cereal?" You asked your little brother. He looked up from his bowl and shook his head no.

"[Y/N], honey, it's right here." Your mom called out. Looking up, you saw that she was pointing to a fancy plastic contraption on top of the counter. Your mom handed you a bowl and spoon. Taking it, you approached the contraption and placed the bowl underneath the nozzle. You stared at it for a while until you realized that there was a spigot to turn. You went for it to discover that it did work in your quest to fill your bowl with cereal.

"Wow, that's cool. When did we get this?!" You exclaimed.

"I found it in some boxes. We've had it for a while, but it was never opened. It was left to be forgotten about." You mom explained. You nodded before sitting down and pouring milk in your cereal. You shoved a spoonfuls into your mouth before realizing that you had to make your coffee. You got up to do so then felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You took it out.

"Want to walk to school together?" It was a message from Ienzo.

"Sure, after I finish breakfast." You replied. You smiled down at your phone.

"See, mom? I'll be fine. I ate lunch with Kairi yesterday and I'm going to walk to school with Ienzo today." You said. Your mother smiled.

"It was so great to see their mothers at the parent meeting the other day. I missed them a lot when they had moved away." You mom leaned her cheek against her open palm, daydreaming. "I should dig through some old albums. I'm sure I have pictures of you and your old little friends."

"You wouldn't believe who lives here, mom. Kairi, Ienzo...even Lea and Isa!" You exclaimed. You weren't quite sure why you were so happy this morning. Maybe it was the fact that you had the best night's sleep since moving here. Or maybe it was the fact that you flirted with Roxas last night. You were still unsure, but nonetheless you were happy that things were falling into place and looking good.

-----

Seagulls squawked overhead as they flew past the two blonde teens waiting on the sidewalk. Roxas covered his head with his schoolbag to avoid any inconveniences from happening. He peeked from under the shelter he had created, but decided to stay underneath to play it safe.

"What are you doing?" Ventus asked his twin. He slightly ducked so that his eyes could meet his twin's.

"I'm protecting myself from seagulls, why else would I be doing this?" Roxas rolled his eyes.

"But...why?" Ventus tilted his head in confusion.

"The seagulls here are wild. Remember what happened the other day?" Roxas told him. Ventus looked very confused. Roxas sighed before explaining. "When the seagull flew into the new girl's room?"

"Oh!" Ventus exclaimed. He then took his own schoolbag and hid underneath it as well, mirroring his twin. The two kept hidden as they watched the seagulls fly overhead.

"What are you doing?" The two were interrupted by the sound of your voice as you now stood in front of them. The two looked at each other then back to you before lowering their schoolbags.