Home

It was entirely on instinct that Madara had leaned in for that kiss.  Mentally he reprimanded himself, seeing as he was supposed to be letting Tobirama set the pace.  But how was he supposed to resist with those beautiful eyes looking up at him and those strong arms holding him in close?  One would have to be mad to pass up the opportunity to kiss Tobirama! Those lips were so warm, and he smelled sweet like honey.  It was impossible to not go blind with want when Tobirama was this perfect and so close.  For so many years, he had not been able to be this close, to hold him or to be held.  Now that he was, it was hard to resist all the built up urges he held within himself.  However, Tobirama was stiffer now than he had been before, a telltale sign that he was not entirely comfortable with this.  Madara knew he couldn't push this any further than kissing.  Just because Tobirama hadn't yet pulled away didn't mean that he was free to take liberties knowing how much it frightened his lover.
As one hand slid from his chest into his hair, he knew that Tobirama was at least willing to try.  He pushed their lips more firmly together and stilled there until he felt that warm mouth shyly move against his.  They were still seated with Madara's back pressed to Tobirama's chest, and looking over his shoulder for the kiss was beginning to strain Madara's neck uncomfortably.  He turned slowly in those arms and leaned further over Tobirama until he was flat on his back with Madara's hair once again forming a curtain around them.  There was fear building in those eyes again, and Madara took a pause to press a kiss against each knuckle on the hand he now held gently within his own.  The fear slowly made it's way from those eyes as he waited, though the tension that had built in those shoulders was slower to leave.  He gave a reassuring smile.
"We can stop," he told Tobirama with another, longer press of lips to the inside of that thin wrist.  "I will not push you.  So we can stop, if you wish."  For good measure, he sat up straight and sat back on his heels to put space between them.
Tobirama took a moment to evaluate how he felt. It was unfamiliar, and hard to accept, but Madara's eyes were so understanding. He had been so patient, so warm, had held him through his tears and had given him time when he needed it. Gazing into those eyes, he knew he could trust him. And so he nodded, and smiled when Madara pressed another kiss to his wrist.
It was not long before Madara had leaned back down and their lips were locked together sweetly (though clumsily on Tobirama's part- he was not used to being kissed), and a warmth spread its way through them quickly, radiating outward from every point in which they touched. Tobirama was glad that things were not being rushed. Madara was cupping his face between both hands and their lips were moving together slowly, melting away all the apprehension he had felt. It was a feeling beyond recognition to be like this with the man he loved. He was almost at the point of tears when he felt a brief flicker of chakra, and then the door slammed open. Madara flinched hard against him at the sound, and Tobirama couldn't blame him. The kiss had been so distracting that he hadn't even felt the chakra until it was too late to try giving a warning.
The high whine of frustration that sounded from the door was unexpected, but, then again, so was the matching sound that seemed to rip out of Madara's throat without warning.
"Brother, I swear to God! My eyes!"
Now that the two on the bed had untangled themselves, they looked up to see Izuna at the door, covering his eyes and looking ready to retch onto the fur-covered floor. His face had turned entirely red, and Tobirama realized that they had been in a rather compromising position before he arrived. Izuna had probably jumped to conclusions as soon as he saw them lip-locked and with Madara hovering over him. And Tobirama couldn't find it in himself to blame him. After all, if he had walked in on Hashirama straddling someone... well. He realized it would be better to not think about his brother too long before too many questions built up in his mind (Did Hashi know where he was? Did he care?) and watched as Madara rose and calmly smoothed down his sleepwear before addressing his brother.
"Lovely to see you too, Izuna." The words were lighthearted, and Tobirama vaguely wondered if they were always so casual with each other. He and Hashirama surely weren't. "I trust that you slept well."
"All thoughts of sleep are far from my mind right now, Mada. Were you going to bed him? He's only been here a few days, for God's sake! Have you lost your sense of propriety?"
The rest of the conversation was met with Tobirama's dead ears. He had flushed a crimson deeper than his eyes at the mentioning of being bedded. Was that what Madara had been hoping for? He knew for a fact that he wasn't ready for that. But something deep down inside him knew that had Madara tried, he wouldn't have stopped him. He was not prepared in the least to let himself be taken, or to place that amount of trust in the man who he still half expected to laugh in his face at any minute and to call for his brother to be brought in for the wedding instead. But he knew that if Madara had looked at him and asked to move things further, he wouldn't have been able to deny him. And as much as he knew that it was wrong and he shouldn't have felt that way, he did. He would give Madara his heart, his soul, his very life if it meant he could be held in those arms again. He would do anything to feel loved, wanted, needed... even if it were only for a moment. Even if he knew Madara did not mean it. And he was frightened of that fact.