Narcissus

Dedicating this chapter to @Kira-Senju because she's reread this book like four times while waiting for me to update.  SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this isn't a real chapter, SUPER SORRY!!!  But I missed this story and really wanted to write something for you guys so here's a high school au one-shot!!

Also, I have no idea where to go from this point on in the story send help!!!!!!!!!!!  I literally love when y'all give me suggestions so help me figure out where to go for the next chapter at least, I don't want to make Hashirama find him at the Uchiha compound too fast but I also don't know how to let Tobirama chill with Madara without making it super angsty and him seeming really pitiful and self-depreciating tbh.

     Izuna was officially the worst best friend ever.

     On your average Friday night, Tobirama could usually be found home in bed, snuggled up in a blanket, book in hand.  He liked his peaceful nights, so he was against it right off the bat when Izuna decided he wanted to throw a party.  With his parents out of town for the weekend on "important business", it was deemed the perfect opportunity for them to have a little fun before graduation.  The issue was that Izuna's and his definitions of fun were vastly different.

     However, against his better judgement, he agreed to help Izuna with his party (he never could resist those puppy dog eyes, damn him).  So there he was, spending his Friday night hot, irritated, and surrounded by people he could not give less of a crap about.  The house was packed well past its limits with nearly every other student in their grade.  Unlike him, Izuna was a social butterfly who flourished as the center of attention, so people tended to flock around the boy.  It was a mystery why he continued hanging around Tobirama, who hated just about everyone and never left his house unless absolutely necessary.  Their friendship consisted mostly of Izuna dragging him out and fueling all their conversations, while Tobirama pretended he hated the chatty companionship (though he secretly loved Izuna to death, and did not know what he would do without him).

     The plan for the night was for Tobirama to stick to his friend's side like usual, using him as his extrovert shield to keep others from speaking to him, but Izuna was dragged off by the boys of the football team for shots nearly an hour ago and never returned.  Tobirama waited for him near the kitchen for a while, but the large group of people that had swarmed the area in search of jungle juice sent him off searching for a quiet place to hide away until his good-for-nothing best friend turned up again (probably wasted, since the football team had a tradition of chain shots until someone passed out).

     His search sent him upstairs toward the bedrooms, which were locked to keep people from breaking anything valuable.  Since he wasn't a drinker, Izuna gave him the key, so it wouldn't get lost.  Izuna's bedroom would be calm, quiet, and familiar, so that was his destination.  He had to pass by several drunk couples (whose hands were wandering and lips were locked) to get to the door, which he passed by disdainfully.  When he pulled forth the key to get into Izuna's room, he had to shoot one couple a dirty look to keep them from trying to get in.  He nearly collapsed with relief against the door once inside, and shut his eyes for a minute to take in a deep breath.  He truly hated parties.

     "Why hello there."

     The deep voice startled him so much, he couldn't stop the squeak that passed through his lips.  In the corner of the room sat one very amused looking Uchiha, wearing a smug smile.

     Madara Uchiha.  Izuna's very attractive, very smart, asshole of an older brother, and the bane of Tobirama's existence.  Since their fathers were old friends, they practically grew up together.  He was two years older than Tobirama, and spent the entirety of their childhood annoying him.  He was now a sophomore in college, and Tobirama hadn't seen him since before leaving his freshman year.