Eyes

"No, Madara. We will not hand pick village representatives. The other clans would uproar as soon as our council puts through a policy they disagree with, and our peace would evaporate into thin air. We will host village elections, and one person from each clan will be awarded a position on the council."

"That would give the other clans the opportunity to put forth their most cunning members into positions of power, Tobirama. Then, they would have the chance to forcefully take over as village leader and destroy everything we've worked hard to build!"

The two of them had been arguing for at least thirty minutes, and Izuna was seriously regretting his decision to join them. After getting three extra hours of sleep, he returned to Madara's office and found them still sitting where he'd left them, going over the future plans for the village (thankfully, they'd moved on from talking about the academy. He likely would have ripped out his hair if he heard one more word about that damn scroll). Shortly after he arrived, they pulled up an old scroll of Madara's about village leadership. He suggested hand picking the most trustworthy members of each clan personally, in order to ensure village loyalty and fairness in village management. Tobirama quickly disagreed, saying that allowing clans to elect their own representatives would keep all parties happy, and would decrease the risk of rebellion from any clans after the village was built. Madara's bullheaded nature wouldn't allow him to admit being wrong, and Tobirama's (surprising) determination to protect the village kept him from backing down. They were both so stubborn, and Izuna knew that if he didn't escape soon, Madara would look to him for backup. Then he'd be put between the quarreling couple, and that was a fate he would wish on no one. The two of them were extremely powerful, not to mention terrifying. Just then, Tobirama rose in frustration (he hadn't moved from Madara's lap in hours, and Izuna would've thought it was cute if he wasn't so afraid for his life). They were seemingly in a staring contest, so Izuna took their moment of distraction as his window for escape. Unfortunately, his movement was enough to draw their eyes and they seemed to finally remember he was there.

"What do you think, Izuna? Tobirama's plan is ludicrous, is it not?" Madara grinned evilly. It was obvious he thought his brother would agree with him wholeheartedly, thus proving Tobirama wrong and him victorious. Unwilling to answer, Izuna made his break for the door. There was no way he wanted to choose either side! If he agreed with Madara, he would have the white demon after him, probably with some new sealing jutsu to lock him away forever. If he chose Tobirama, Madara's wrath would befall him and he very well may never see the light of day again! It didn't help that Madara was still angry with him for taking Tobi out on their little "date", which meant he'd have no problem torturing Izuna.

Just before he could reach for the doorknob, Tobirama suddenly flashed in front of him. He was the fastest shinobi alive, and Izuna had been a fool to think he could outrun him. Without time to stop, he slammed right into that firm chest (wow, Madara was one lucky guy! He was unnaturally toned). Arms wrapped tightly around him to prevent him from escaping (holy crap, he could feel the rippling of those muscles!!! How could a single man be this perfectly muscular? It was so unfair). Tobirama flashed him a smile that was much too sweet.

"Yes, Izuna, what do you think? Your clan head is most obviously a blind fool." Though he was speaking to Izuna, he sent a sly look Madara's way. The Uchiha yelped indignantly.

"Um. Well." Izuna gulped in fear. "I think you're both wrong. But also right? You should combine the ideas. Have the clans put up a few of their favored representatives, then choose out of their options. It would both satisfy the clans, and ensure loyalty."

Madara and Tobirama both stared at him for a while in silence, then at each other before turning away stubbornly. Izuna felt the hold on him loosen and quickly launched himself across the room to hide behind the desk. When neither made a move to chase him, he peeked over the top curiously.