Bound

OKAY OKAY OKAY I had this idea of writing a little short story and comment here please if you'd read it. So like it's during the 4th ninja war after Tobirama gets reanimated and Sasuke asks him why he hates the Uchiha. He has a bunch of flashbacks of all these beautiful moments he shared with Madara but had to do in secret, and now that he's dead he finally tells Hashirama the truth about their relationship. So when they get to the battlefield, Hashirama goes to beat the crap out of Madara bc he's an overprotective older brother and Mada broke his baby Tobi's heart (I'm gonna pretend the whole Kaguya mess never happens so in this version Madara's the final boss). And if you guys have ideas about any cute one shots you wanna see or even ideas for this book you can comment them here or you can just message me. I've got hella free time so I'm always down for a project :)
Also, prepare for more Tobi sads and reasons to hate Hashirama.  This chapter is pretty short but I'll update again soon, I just was excited about my new idea.

It took a long time for Tobirama to stop shaking, and all Izuna could do was to stand there, holding him.  No matter what he tried, Tobirama wouldn't respond.  He was dull eyed and spaced out, probably reliving some sort of bad memory that Izuna couldn't understand.  All he knew about Tobi's life before coming to live with them was what he'd been told of the river's aftermath, but he couldn't see how that would relate to what was happening.  His father was a jerk who wanted to kill Madara, and Hashirama stopped talking to him after the river, but that didn't explain what made him react so extremely to Madara's anger.  All of this was making Izuna feel so helpless!  All he'd wanted to do was spend some time with Tobirama, and maybe poke some fun at Mada, but their morning took a sharp turn for the worst.  Oh God, Madara!  He was probably devastated.  Who wouldn't be, when the man they love flinches at their touch?  The guilt of scaring Tobirama so badly was probably eating him alive!  The both of them were in bad shape.  Tobirama was reliving some sort of trauma and terrified of the man he loved for some reason, and Madara was likely somewhere in the house sobbing his poor heart out after committing what he probably thought to be the worst offense possible.  Uchiha loved with all their hearts, and having your love fear you- that was a pain beyond Izuna's imagination!  How could he fix this?  Tobirama was unreachable and clinging to him like a lifeline, and he couldn't go to his brother's side until he was freed from the death grip.  He'd have to get through to Tobirama before he could do anything else.  He had to think back to the beginning.
Tobi seemed to be fine when  Madara was raging at Izuna, so that meant he only panicked when the anger was directed at him.  But he'd been dealing with Izuna's anger on the battlefield for years without batting an eye, which meant he was specifically afraid of Madara's wrath.  That meant Madara reminded him of someone that Izuna did not, and that brought only one person to mind.  Why was it that Hashirama seemed to be at the root of all of Tobirama's issues?  More than that, what kind of atrocity had Hashirama committed against his own brother that would scar him like this?  The only way to find out would be to snap Tobirama out of his inner turmoil.  What could he do to help?  What usually calmed Tobi down?  Izuna's first thought was that Tobirama looked to him for comfort, but that obviously wasn't enough in this situation.  He tried to remember their past conversations.  Surely, after their entire day together he could find some sort of hint in what they'd talked about!  What had they talked about?  God, there was so much!  Madara, the paperwork, the clan, the river.
Think, Izuna!  Think!
But he came up with nothing.  He was supposed to be Tobirama's friend- no, his brother- but he knew nothing about him!  Most of their conversations were just teasing each other.  So what if he knew about the river?  That wasn't doing him much good here.  They'd spent an entire day together, ate together, walked together, laughed together.  They'd spent hours upon hours enjoying each other's company and greeting the clan... the clan?  The clan!  That was it!  Tobirama said that he loved the clan's chakra, and that it felt like home.  And he'd said that he loved Izuna's and Madara's chakras even more so.  That was why Tobirama was soothed by his presence!  Izuna felt like an idiot.  Tobirama was a natural sensor.  Even if he was too immersed in memories to see or hear Izuna, maybe he could still feel him?  With nothing else to go on, Izuna focused on surrounding Tobirama with his chakra.  If this didn't work, he didn't know what would.

******************

     Hashirama had everyone fooled. He was not as pure as everyone thought.
They were so close as children. Hashirama was much kinder then, and his younger brother followed him loyally in everything he did. If Hashirama wanted to pull pranks, Tobirama joined. If he wanted to train, Tobirama would train too. If he wanted to sneak out after father was asleep, Tobirama held open the window. They were inseparable, even if Hashirama only allowed it because he enjoyed being the center of attention. But then the river happened, and his kindness was quickly replaced with bitterness. Bitterness at his father for trying to kill his best friend. Bitterness at his clan for their stupid rivalry with the Uchiha. But, most of all, bitterness at Tobirama because he wasn't the brother he wanted.
Because he wasn't Madara.
"No," Tobirama thought. "No, don't make me remember!"
The first time it happened, it was only an unfortunate accident. Three days after the river incident, Tobirama tried to explain to his brother what had truly happened. He wanted Hashirama to know that he hadn't been betrayed. Wanted to tell him that he had only told their father to save Hashirama's life, and that he never wanted anything to happen to Madara. That he was willing to sacrifice himself if it meant they would escape unscathed. Unfortunately, he never made it five words into his speech. As soon as Hashirama felt him closing in, he'd whirled around in anger, ready to scream. He hadn't meant to, but an elbow went straight into Tobirama's gut, which must have been painful, because he was instantly hunched over and gasping for breath. When their eyes met, Hashirama's widened in realization. They had never hit each other in their lives. Sure, they had sparred, but that was only for training. This was the first time that Hashirama had ever hit his brother outside of the training grounds. And, he realized, he didn't feel guilty. In fact, he rather liked the way Tobirama's face was pinched with pain, and was afraid of that side of himself.
"Go away, Tobi," he said shakily. "I do not want to see you." Then he spun on his heel and walked away, hate growing in his heart.
In the distance, Tobirama thought he could hear someone calling his name. He was too far gone to recognize the voice.
It wasn't until nearly a month later that Hashirama hit him again. It was Tobi's second try at explaining himself, but his brother wouldn't listen. They were at the training grounds, and their father had just left for a meeting with the Sarutobi clan head. As soon as his chakra was far enough to be out of earshot, Tobirama threw his gear down and begged his brother to listen, said that he could explain everything. They had not been alone together since his last attempt, and knew it wouldn't be long before another clan member came to supervise the training in their father's place. Before he could utter a word, though, he was bound from head to toe by Hashirama's wood style. Too stunned to move, he could only watch as Hashirama walked closer, staring at his hands apprehensively. He held his breath until Hashirama stood before him, and his blood ran cold when their eyes locked. Gone were the kind, joyful eyes of the brother he knew. Those eyes were filled with anger and hatred.
The breath he was holding in was forced out in one silent scream when a fist collided harshly with his stomach. Any apprehension Hashirama had felt faded after the first punch, and he followed with an unyielding barrage of hits. The wooden bonds tightened around Tobirama's limbs until they cut into his skin, and he was sure several of his ribs were bruised, if not broken. Explaining was the farthest thing from his mind as he struggled to get in breaths between punches and forced down any screams he felt bubbling up. That was how their father's adviser found them: Hashirama beating his brother fiercely, and Tobirama thrashing painfully against the bonds that were still biting into his flesh. When the boys returned home and Tobirama's wounds were tended to, their father asked his eldest son what happened. He'd ignored Tobirama entirely (he was but a tool, and therefore his account meant nothing). Hashirama replied in a false joyful tone, "a sparring match, father." Batsuma never even doubted him.
After that, things only got worse. Hashirama would search Tobirama out as often as he could. Not only did he physically hurt him, but he hurt his brother mentally. Would tell him that he was nothing, worthless, that he was unlovable. And, eventually, Tobirama believed him. After Hashirama became the clan head, he asked of his brother near impossible tasks, trying to torture him. When Tobirama's bright mind proved unbeatable and he fulfilled every task, eager to please, he was sent out on only the most dangerous of missions. His sword also proved to be much too powerful. And so, Hashirama decided to use that brilliant brain against him. He tasked his brother with the creation of new jutsu, and kept all possible test subjects out of reach, leaving only the option of using his own body. Hashirama was thankful that he'd not died on any of those past missions. No, this form of slow torture was much better.
Just as the memories became too much and Tobirama could take no more, he found himself feeling very warm. The warmth eased away the pain in his heart, and the world came back into focus. And looking down on him, with the most worried face he had ever seen, was Izuna.