◇ - Preserve

Requested by: JonahCometa

Aesop Carl x Jonah C.

Will that person accept you once they know the truth?

"Good afternoon, Aesop! The usual?" A 16 year old ravenette girl calls out as she stood up straight again from gently plucking out the already blooming flowers in the seedbed. The said boy, who has the same age as her, didnt say anything and just nod his head, black eyes staring down at the smiling ravenette again before she signaled him to follow him back to her family's flower shop.

She started a casual topic for them to enjoy while she removed her gardening gloves and placed it back on its rightful place. "So, how are the things going?" She reluctantly asked, eyes sadly staring straight at him which made him sigh in disbelief ".....She's getting much more weaker. Im actually on my way to see her once Im done here" He said, barely a whisper but the girl caught up with his really soft voice and sadly smiled "I'll pick the best flowers for your mother to enjoy. Im sorry this is all I can do to help you"

"Thanks, Jonah....and its alright" He commented, eyes accidentally glancing down at her soft lips that made him blush a little under his mask and looks away. This quickly made him wonder, how helpful and kind she was to him and to her mother. Is it because they grew up together? It feels like he doesnt deserve all of this kindness and one thought quickly crossed his mind that made him glance back to the smiling girl beside him while she talks about some random topic that he failed to caught up on...

He suddenly started to check her out without him even noticing it;

Seeing how her hair softly bounced on her shoulders with every movement she makes, tying it up in a braid, or in a bun, if she feels like it. The way her eyes lit up more in joy whenever she sees something she likes, rosy cheeks that he always likes to pinch whenever he feels like it, and of course those lips that he always wanted to capture.

A true masterpiece indeed

"Aesop? You ok?" Jonah asked, snapping him out of his trance and slowly nod his head as an answer and looked around them to notice that they already arrived at the shop. She grinned before she head towards the specific flowers that Aesop's mother truly likes. "5 pieces of Gerberas daisies and 5 Daffodils, right?" Jonah asked, out of habit, and starts to arrange the bouquet for Aesop, who simply nod his head and watched how her hands perfectly tend the flowers with care. The sight in front of him is really remarkable, as if watching a live-video on how to make a bouquet in an easiest way. The gentle smile on her face cannot go unnoticed in his gaze and his legs starts to move on its own and reached out his hands with ease.

"Oi, what are you doing?" Jonah asked, staring back at him as she felt his gloved fingers pinching her soft cheeks. She had a playful smirk on her face, only making Aesop shrug his shoulders in return "...Im always doing this when we were younger"

"Yeah, its really cute" Jonah finally laughed, removing his gloved hands off of her cheeks then gave him the bouquet. "Say hi to your mother for me! Or do you want me to go with you instead??" She said with a wide smile, eyes twinkling in excitement. Before Aesop could even say anything, Jonah already removed the gardening tools off of her and yelled "Mom!! I'll be going with Carl today!!" Jonah then quickly drag Aesop out of the shop, careful enough to not drop the beautiful bouquet that she arranged for Aesop.

"S-Slow down, will you?" He whispered, tightening his grip onto the bouquet for a little bit but it only made Jonah laugh in return, eyes staring ahead of them "Sorry! Its been a while since I last visited your mother." She commented, starting another topic that Aesop will never understand..