Chapter 2: Yes but...

"Can I please just not go?"
At this point I really am helpless...
"I really don't feel comfortable going..."

My parents just stood next to each other and started talking. I could hear them whispering something but I wasn't exactly sure what were they talking about, but I did heard some parts.

"What do you think?"
"No wait. I have better idea."
"You think that will help?"
"It's worth trying."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't really understand what they were planning to do. I just couldn't connect that small amount of words I barely understood, if I even heard them correct. The conversation they just had going on, wasn't getting into my head.

Finally the whispers silenced and my parents turned to me as my father spoke.

"It's decided then. Nora Lauren Reynolds..."

I zoned out for a second. Usually in film and books, parents calling out the main character's full (first, middle and last) name was never a good a sign.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I literally froze in place.

"You will not be attending that party."

I could finally breath. Some girls in this situation would be more than disappointed. I, on the other hand, almost started screaming of overdosed happiness I just held inside. But...

I could sense my father preparing to say that word. "But".

"But..." Knew it. "You will spend your summer break on your grandparents' farm."
"..."
What?
Is this some kind of joke?
"You are kidding..."

...

A long pause followed my question...

...

"When am I leaving?!"

I started hopping in place while screaming in my typical fangirl voice. The last thing that was missing was me making non-human sounds again like every normal fangirl does.

On my parents' wonderment they answered
"As soon as we find the flight."

"I will look up flight schedule and as for me, you can already start packing." My father offered. But wait-
"Wait- Wouldn't I miss school then? There are still 2 weeks of school left."
"You are on top of all of your classes. You are basically done with all your schoolwork. I will just call your principal tomorrow and explain it to her. I am sure she will give you an early break."
"Thank you!"
Best father ever!

"But you are not going alone?" Wha-? "You have to be at least 16 to fly alone. One of my  co-workers needs to fly there too anyways, so he will keep you company on the way  And if you ever need help through the town, you can talk to him," my father said. Seems legit..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went up and hugged them, then run up to my room. I still didn't know when was my flight so I decided not to pack yet. But I did start working on a travel packing checklist.

Ok, I'll admit, I did look up some "What did i bring on my summer vacation" videos and "Tips for packing".

I wrote down some things everyone needs: toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush...

My favorite clothes: hoodies and jeans, adding some T-shirts and blouses...

Things to do: I loved music, so my headphones were on top of the list. Oh, don't forget phone and charger so I can call. Laptop and its charger, gotta do some school work, while on break...

I finally finished my packing list and put it on the nightstand next to my bed, when my sight landed on one of Ollie's toys in the corner of the room.

"Wait a second. What about Ollie?! Where is he?! Ollie!?"
I yelled when Ollie appeared in front of me.
"Hey there buddy. My lucky charm."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran downstairs.

"Mom?! Dad?!"

My mom was putting away the dishes while my dad was, I'm guessing, searching up flights on internet. I started asking "What about Ollie?" but my mom cut me off. She put her finger over her mouth and whispered "Shhh! I'm not really sure about your father but you have my permission to bring him."
"Thank you" I whisper yelled back and kissed her, then run back to my room.

Well, just add Ollie's things on the list.

______________________

Hey there, it's me again! If you like story so far, don't forget to vote, and as for updating, I think I'll update every Saturday I get. Question: Do your relatives call you your full name sometimes? How do you react, do you answer back or sit there wondering whose name is it?  I'll see you in next chapter. Till then, bye!
💖~Silver_Howls 💖