Part 4. Beachin'

I WOKE UP IN BED WITH A HEADACHE. It wasn't as tough as the one I had the night I split up with Will, which was mostly from crying. This migraine was because of the Pina Colada, the Blue Hawaii, and the man I semi-flirted with last night.

A friend of Doug's.

I snarled and pulled my covers over my head, closing my eyes tight to not remember last night. My cousin ruined this by throwing clothes at me and tearing the covers off of me.

"Get up, Lily. I told the guys we would go with them for breakfast downstairs in an hour."

It's amazing how my cousin -the party girl- could wake up so early and be chipper.

"An hour?" I groaned out causing her to laugh at me. "Dini, do you even realize that if I see your brother, I might murder him?"

She snorted "With what? A spoon? You know you couldn't manage it, Lily, you would have me do it for you and our parents would send us off," she told me, sitting on the side of her already made bed. I just stare at her.

"How are you so damn happy?"

She grinned "I've done this more than you, so hurry up before I get Doug up here to drop cold water on you" she warned, then patted my leg before standing and going to the bathroom.

Would she throw cold water over my head? I pondered as I had flashbacks to previous summers with my cousins, and the answer was, yeah she would.

Dini came out of the bathroom a few seconds after I heard a flush and she crossed her arms, pretending to be impatient. "Come on, let's go!"

Unwilling, however, not wanting cold water over my head, I went to the bathroom and changed into the white T-shirt with Florida written across the chest and black jeans before walking out brushing my hair, and pulling on my flip-flops.

Dinah was already grabbing her wristlet and opening the door, not bothering to wait on me, I grabbed my Crossbody bag and walked out the door closing it behind me hearing it lock.

We walked down to the coffee shop and spotted Doug sitting with a black-haired guy, and Sawyer. They were in deep conversation as we approached them.

Part of me wanted to hightail it the other way when I thought about what I did last night. I spit my drink on the poor guy, only for Doug to bust out laughing, I felt ridiculous. I felt like a jackass.

Doug looked up when he noticed me and Dini, a smile etched across his face.

"Good morning, ladies."

Dini scooted a chair away from under the table and sat down, I followed suit and looked around the little cafe. The walls were light brown with coffee sayings on them, the tables were white with brown chairs, the menu was simple and held animated pictures of coffee.

"Good morning, brother dear, mind telling me how our beach house burned down?" She questioned him while picking up a menu.

Doug puts up his hands and shrugged "I don't know, all the people told me was that during the winter some time it caught on fire and is having to be rebuilt, apparently our dear parents didn't bother to tell us and forgot about it" he told her, putting packets of sugar in his coffee.

As I reached for a menu, my eyes caught Sawyer's who was gazing at me, he sent a smile which I returned before grabbing one of the menus.

"Figures. When their kids go away to college, they forget to mention a lot of things," she mumbled, Doug grunted in agreement as he stirred his coffee.

A woman in a dark blue apron walked over with a pen and Notepad "Hi, are you two ready to order?" She asked sweetly. Dini looked up from her menu.

"Yes. One French Vanilla Iced Coffee and a Blueberry muffin please," she set the menu back down where it should go as the woman wrote down the order.