17

"i mean. i saw this coming." i laughed, taking a seat on the bench behind us, in attempts mask my actual emotions.

"payton. you don't understand how sorry i am." he said, sitting next to me. with that, i scooted over, so he was farther away.

"no you're not. if you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it." i mumbled.

"it's just katie's different, you know?" he asked.

"it's like she was made for me. she's perfect." he said, causing me to shriek.

here comes the tears.

"i get that." i said as my voice cracked.

"are you gonna be okay." he asked, putting his hand on my thigh. i immediately swatted at it.

"yep! i'll be perfect." i laughed sarcastically, adding onto it with,

"i mean it's not like the guy i thought was my soulmate just crushed me entirely. it's not like he made me fall in love with him only to tell me he likes another girl. it's not like he threw me away for some CUNT. and it's not like i spent weeks crying while some people told me i was overthinking it and others told me to break it off, but i wouldnt. i never listened because i had faith in us."

"oh wait it is." i cried, getting up and basically running inside, and over to JJ and simon.

"payton, wait." he yelled running, after me.

"get the fuck away from me." i yelled, stopping in my tracks.

"i don't wanna end on bad terms." he said.

"TOO FUCKING BAD!" i yelled as tears fell from my eyes to the point where everything was blurred, i quickly wiped my face and turned around and ran into JJ's arms, and just cried and cried into his chest, until someone's voice made me look up.

"Payton." Mac said.

"come here." he said sympathetically, whilst holding his arms out.

i quickly ran into them, as he rubbed my back, reassuring me that whatever it was, would be fine in the end.

"JJ simon and ethan. let's go." mac said as he switched our hug into a side hug.

"alright." the boys agreed, before we all went upstairs, headed to macs room.

"did you tell the boys what happened?" Mac asked me.

"No it just happened. like everything you saw." i sniffled.

"okay. we'll talk about it when we get into the room, and situated. we have like eight minutes until you guys' class gets here." mac said, opening his room door as we all nodded.

he made sure to shut the door once we all got inside, one, so nobody overheard. two, incase we haven't finished by first period they could wait in the pod for a couple minutes.

"i'd get out our bean bags but we wouldn't have enough time." mac laughed as we all went and sat at his large round table.

"alright start at the beginning." Mac said, the second we all were situated.

"okay." i said, taking a deep breath as Simon wrapped his arm around my shoulder, lightly squeezing it.

"for the past year harry's been getting really close with Katie, and i chose to not talk to him about it. i trusted him. and recently it's been getting worse and worse, that everyone's noticed somethings up." i sighed.

"for a long time there everyone had thought we had broke up, and that he'd moved onto Katie. he never denied anything. it was me fighting for the relationship the whole time." i cried, before wiping my face and continuing.

"i haven't spent really any time with him. i was with JJ and simon over summer more than him." i added.

"and what happened today?" mac asked after about a minute of silence.

"i wanted to talk about it and he broke up with me. and basically started listing all the reasons why Katie is better than me." i chuckled, at how foolish i really can be.

"i could kill that prick." mac mumbled making us all laugh.

"i just feel really bad. i don't want you guys to lose a friend over this." i frowned, rubbing my temples because ow as stressed.

in return i earned quite a few laughs.

"what?" i asked, as mac and i sat there confused.

"Harold cut us off two months ago payton." ethan laughed.

"we just stayed around him for your sake." simon smiled.

"thank you. but also, why did he cut you off?" i asked, still confused.

"we brought the Katie situation up. and he said not to talk about it." simon said, as JJ cut in,

"we told him how it looked from our perspective and he said it was his decision, and for us to fuck off."

"and then he blocked all of us." ethan laughed.

"why didn't you guys tell me?" i frowned, feeling guilty since they lost their friend cause of me.

"we didn't wanna stress you out. also we're grateful he's not our friend anymore. he was a bad influence." JJ shrugged making us all laughed.

we talk for a bit longer until the bell rang. we all got up and went to our seats.

fuck me. i forgot harry sits next to me. i mean simon also sits on the other side of harry, which is a bit of a relief but still.

mac opened the door and went back to his desk.

about a minute or two later harry came in. my head shot to Mac.

"payton and simon can you sit at the round table for the day until i find you guys new seats?" Mac asked as i went to get up.

"Actually. Mr.Mac can payton help me
with work today?" harold asked.

"No. Have Katie help you." Mac smiled.

i was shocked that came out of his mouth. i guess the boys were too since we all started laughing at the same time.

"that was a good one." JJ said from the other side of the room, making us laugh harder.

"welp see ya." i giggled, as Si and i went over to the round table.

"well how's that fair?" JJ asked, making very obvious hand motions to the fact that he sits infront of Katie.

"fine JJ go to the round table. Ariel go next to harry." mac smiled, a bit sarcastically.

"hell yeah!" JJ smiled, walking over to us, hitting us both with his infamous finger guns.

he's been doing those a lot recently. send help.

but, simon and i played along per usual. after he "shoots you" you're down until JJ calls out your name.

simon and i dramatically laid our heads down earning a good laugh from JJ.

"i have a live lesson." mac laughed, knowing the rules to the game.

"fine. simon and payton put your heads up."JJ said in a stupid voice.

"Thanks, mr olatunji." mac laughed, starting his lesson.