29

We got to the house way before the others so we decided to start packing early. to say this stings, is an understatement.

there were many many boxes in the living room, so we picked them up and brought them into my bedroom.

i grabbed a sharpie out of my drawer and labeled the first box, "pajamas"

we emptied the four drawers of pajamas into this box, as well as one more.

the next box i labeled "swimwear/undergarments" and put all of that into that one box, since i didn't have and excessively large amount.

then we moved onto the closet, and put all of my actual hangul clothes in about seven or eight boxes, due to the large amount.

the last few boxes consisted of my makeup, shoes, purses, bags, perfumes, lotions and stuff like that. i ended up putting my bed sheets and stuff into the suitcases i had bought myself a few years back so i didn't forget them.

then in my last box i emptied my entire bathroom and put it all in there.

Mom texted saying dad had me a room set up almost like this one, except it was going to be a lot bigger apparently.

"well." i sighed, taking a seat in my now plain room.

"should i call my dad?" i asked, harry.

"do you want to?"

"i think so." i smiled, opening my contacts and clicking "dad"

harry left the room, to go watch a movie with the others, and give me some privacy.

"Hello?" his voice rang through my ears.

"H-hi dad." i stuttered.

"Hey payton. are you excited about move in? your step brothers are excited to meet you." he said, excitedly.

"yeah, i've heard a lot about them. they're twins right?"

"yes ma'am, fraternal twins." he chuckled.

"hey i just wanted to say i'm sorry about how i treated you when your mother and i were together. i was a drunken lowlife and i didnt mean to take it out on you." he sighed.

"It's okay. we all make mistakes right?" i smiled.

i happened to be yours, but eh.

"i'm so happy your mom is letting me have custody of you. i've been trying to get her to let me see you, and properly apologize for years now."

"What?" i asked.

now i'm a bit pissed.

so, my dads been trying to apologize for year, FUCKING YEARS, and my mom wouldn't let him. she just wanted me to continue on being depressed about how my father hated me. nice.

"she didn't tell you?"

"no..?"

"she kept telling me you didn't wanna see or hear from me."

"what the fuck." i yelled.

"i've been so upset for years thinking you didn't care, but she just wouldn't let you." i said, wiping the tear from my eye.

"hey it's okay. what she did was wrong, but we can make up for it in the next few years." he spoke.

"so how old are my brothers?"

"a year younger than you, 16."

"what are their names?" i asked lying down on my bed.

"James and Jack." he chuckled.

-

the conversation went on for about two hours, i even talked to my brothers and step mom. they seemed down to earth and i think i'm gonna love them.

"i actually just finished packing." i laughed.

"that great do you want to drop your stuff off tonight and get situated in the house?" he asked.

"i wish. my friends are over right now." i groaned.

"tell them your mom said that you needed to come here tonight." he laughed.

"that's actually a good idea. hold on i'm gonna go tell them that." i laughed, setting my phone down.

"hey guys my mom texted and said i've got to go to my dads tonight." i sighed.

"i'm sorry but you'll have to go home, or stay at someone elses." i frowned.

"That's okay, i hope you enjoy your dads." ethan said, slipping his slides on and walking out the door.

"why's he so mad?" i asked, as everyone shrugged.

i ran back to my room and explained to my dad i'd be there, and that i had to go.

i slipped on my slides, and bolted out the door, with my luck it was raining, and lightning. great.

"ethan!" i yelled once i was close enough to him so he could hear.

"ETHAN FUCKING PAYNE STOP." i yelled once more, as we both stopped. i walked the rest of the way as i caught my breath.

"are you- okay?" i asked.

"no. i don't wanna go home." he sighed, as thunder boomed, scaring the shit out of me, which made me jump.

he wrapped his arms around me, as the rain continued to pour, the lightning continued to strike, and the thunder continued to boom.

"i can ask my dad if you can stay at his tonight?" i asked E.

"really?" he smiled, with hope.

"yeah. only if you tell me what's going on at home though."

"my mums been like really mean lately. she's like emotionally abusive and manipulative."

"i get that."

"now come back inside and let's put on some fresh clothes, as well as call my dad." i chuckled,  as the thunder boomed once more causing me to shriek.

i was still wrapped in ethan's arms so he squeezed me a bit tighter before we let go and walked back to the house hand in hand. we were only a block or two away in all reality.