21

it's been a bit since i talked to everyone. i got stuck in this dark hole which i couldn't seem to get out of. that's when i met jacob. he kept talking to me, and taking all the bullshit i gave him, until we eventually became friends. and now, we are literally best friends.

"fam i feel like your friends hate me." jacob laughed.

as of now i was over at his house and we were just laying on his bed, talking about life and occasionally playing video games that i suck at.

"eh i think they hate me too." i laughed.

iMessages

mum- i'll be home in about 30 minutes i got in an uber and left the airport about ten minutes ago. love you ❤️

"ugh i've got to go soon." i frowned, as jacob rested his chin on my shoulder looking at the text.

"ughhh okay." he laughed, laying back down.

his house is about fifteen minutes from mine, but it's worth the drive.

"I think i'm gonna head out now." i smiled.

"fineeee." he chuckled, getting up to hug me.

i wrapped my arms around him so tight, as if he was the last thing i had on this planet.

"i'll see you at school." i smiled.

"pick me up?" he laughed.

"of course. be ready by 7:30" i grinned, walking out the door.

while leaving i saw his parents on the couch so i decided to thank them for letting me over,

"Bye Mr and Mrs Williams! thank you guys for having me." i smiled, heading to the front door.

"of course payton. you're welcome whenever." his dad smiled.

"thank you." i grinned, walking out.

after about five minutes of driving jacob facetimed me. i hit answer and set my phone on the dashboard.

"hey." i smiled.

"hey. you left your bracelet here." he chuckled.

"shit i'll get it when i pick you up tomorrow." i giggled.

"okay. drive safe payton." he smiled.

"i will." i smiled back, as he ended the call.

once i made it to the house i got situated in the living room and watched some tv while waiting for my mum to get there.

"payton!" my mom yelled from the doorway, dropping her bags to greet me with a hug.

"i missed you so much mommmm!" i smiled, squeezing her tighter than ever.

"i'm only home for tonight but i wanted to spend all the time i can with you." she smiled back as we released from the hug.

"Okay. you get situated i'll make tea." i grinned as she walked off to her bedroom.

*incoming facetime*

harold the prick 🤡
or

declining call...

*incoming facetime*

harold the prick 🤡
or

answering call...

"what?" i sighed.

"please just give me five minutes?" he begged.

"you've got until i finish making this tea." i mumbled, setting my phone up, whilst i filled the kettle with water.

"i should've never broke up with you. i've been thinking for a really long time now and i just miss you so much and i need you in my life Payton. i've gone mad without you. i'm so sorry." he frowned.

"no. you've gone mad because of the whore you left me for. i'm not a goddamn second choice. so take take your shit excuse of an apology and shove it up your ass." i said, about to hit the end button.

"no please, stop. i need you." he said as tears fell from his eyes.

as much as it pained me, i did what was best for me. i ended it.

"payton." my mum sighed from the doorway.

i turned around to face her as my eyes filled with tears.

"harolds the boy. isn't he?" she asked, in a sincere way.

"mhm." i nodded, as i began to cry harder.

she came over and wrapped her arms around me tighter than ever.

"go get him baby." she smiled softly, moving my hair out of my face.

"really?" i asked, wiping my face.

"yeah, i'll make the tea and get our movie night set up for when you get home." she smiled, placing my car keys in my hand.

i softly smiled to myself, and place a quick kiss on my mums cheek before bolting to my car.

i shoved the keys into the ignition as fast as i could, connected my phone to the car and clicked on my playlist labeled, "🌙"

harry only lives about five minutes from me so it was a quick drive.

i pulled up, and parked on the curb before hopping out of my car, and running up to the door, knocking quick as possible.

rosie answered.

"Payton!" she yelled gathering everyone's attention.

"no time to explain. where's harry?" i asked quickly.

"he's been in his room for awhile now. we rarely see him." his mum frowned.

"i'm so sorry for intruding but i've gotta see harry." i sighed, as his dad laughed, "it's never intruding with you. you've been barging in since age four." with a sweet smile.

"i love you guys." i smiled, as they moved out of the way, and i basically ran upstairs.

third door on the right

i repeated in my head. i wasn't sure why. i'd known the way. i got to the door the said "HARRY" in big bubble letters.

i knocked softly earning a "go away mom" in response.

i jiggled the door knob to see if it was locked. and in my favor, it wasn't.

"hi." i sighed from the doorway, making him turn around to face me, as if he'd seen a ghost.

a/n
chapter 23 hits different. YOU LOT WONT BE EXPECTING IT