Chapter 10

Beth's 9th Birthday Party

Elaina POV

"What happened to normal backyard parties?" Circe snickered.

"You don't have children so you don't understand. It's beautiful Elaina!" Ayana said dismissing Circe and hugging me.

"Thank you, Ayana." I said with a smile.

An hour later and the party was in full swing. The candy land theme had the kids running wild off their sugar highs.

"Elaina you have to stop inviting Prince Charming!" Leo grumbled from his seat as he watched Alexander follow Florian.

The group chuckled.

"Beth would disown me if I didn't invite her God Father, no matter how much his highness gets on my nerves," Nikolai scoffed as he flipped the burgers.

"Oh simmer down you two. You're his biggest fans when we go out together," Drew said.

"Don't be jealous that my husband is loved by all the children. Be grateful to your Prince." Kala teased as she walked up.

"We are only fans because he literally can knock us out with a left or right hook," Leo said smiling at Kala with amusement.

She rolled her eyes, "Here we go."

"It's just so hard to believe. Our free hippie artsy dreamer fell in love with a boxer. It's like the rainbow falling for a dark starless sky." He said.

"The sky is never starless. It just takes a special person to see the stars." She answered giving him a look.

He smiled but said nothing more. They didn't see the stares Ayana and I were giving them.

"How are things at work?" Ayana asked Leo.

Slowly taking his eyes off of Kala he answered her and they engaged in conversation.

Fisher had came up to Kala and led her off to the bounce house.

"You know I still don't see how they didn't end up together," Nikolai said just for my ears.

"He gave her what she wanted even when it wasn't good for the both of them." I answered.

When it was time to sing happy birthday, Beth demanded Florian hold her up while we sang happy birthday to her and of course he did. After cake she opened her gifts and the party winded down.

After saying good bye to the last few guests, Nikolai and I cleaned up inside while Kala, Ayana, Circe, Leo, and Drew cleaned up outside, and Prince Charming entertained the kids.

"Another successful party for the books." Nikolai said as he tied the trash and left out.

"You okay ?" Prince Charming asked walking into the kitchen as I stared absentmindedly out the window.

I plastered a smile on and nodded, "Yes. Just tired."

He came and leaned back on the counter next to me.

"Elaina you can lie too every one else, but I can see clear as day something is wrong." He said with his eyes narrowed.

I sighed and confessed what was bothering me, "Nikolai and I are in a good place, but I feel like I played a part in him cheating. In no way am I justifying him having an affair, at the same time I can see the role I played in the situation. Like I was so wrapped up with myself I didn't even notice it. I would have never known had Amber never confessed it to me. Then as soon as she did all the signs were clear as day. I don't want to keep bringing it up, but I want us to go back to counseling even though it was my idea to stop."

Florian looked down at me and opened his arms. I hugged him feeling better already.

"You should do what you feel you need too. Everything is not going to be good all the time and that is okay. You do what you need too, to stay in a place you are comfortable in. Nikolai will understand and if he doesn't just let me know and I'll knock some sense into him. The only reason I haven't already is because Kala told me not too, but say the word and I will."

"I say this a lot, but I am certain everyone ended up with the wrong partners," Circe said as she walked into the kitchen.

We both laughed at her.

"Thank you Prince Charming," I whispered as we broke the hug.

"Anytime for my only sister." He said after kissing my forehead.

The kids ran in calling for him and he left out of the kitchen.

"Leo is something else," Ayana said as she walked in.

"What did he do?" Circe asked while she divided the remaining of the cake.

"More like what doesn't he do." Ayana answered.

*********************

The next morning Beth ran in and woke us up, excited for her day out. I know parents were not supposed to have favorites, but Beth was my exact replica. Which is why she didn't want a gift from us she wanted a day of just the three of us doing things on her list. The twins and Lucky were at Kala and Florian's for the day so we could make Beth's dream day come true.

After brunch, the farmers market, making pies, redecorating her room, mani and pedis, horse riding, bird watching, and a small shopping spree at target, Nikolai and I were exhausted. Beth on the other hand had more plans for us. When we got to Kala and Florian's place there was an elaborate princess tea party spread in the back yard and all of our close friends were there.

"AHHHHHHH" Beth shrieked as she ran and jumped into Florian's waiting arms.

He scooped her up and spun her around.

She laughed and proceeded to hug everyone before she went back to Florian.

"I swear she forgets who her real dad is," Nikolai sulked as he watched her.

I hugged him, "Oh honey. She knows and she loves you. She just loves Florian more than the both of us."

He laughed and I chuckled.

Authors Note: I will be posting the next chapter next week. Thank you to all who commented and voted it has really pushed me through this writers block.

Any ideas on a setting? I can't decide where I want all of them based.

Special thanks to Royaleismymiddlename  and terri29xx !!!