Chapter 49: Butterflies

Pic cred bnn_mlk

Sorry for the mistakes plz :)

Third Person POV

It was when they all were about to leave, the ceremony coming to an end, a new guest had arrived, looking nervous and guilty.

"Mom?" Jeongguk was the first to see and Taehyung looks at him and then sees where Jeongguk's looking.

"I'm really sorry, I got late. I wasn't given off from work so I couldn't make it on time." She says, almost out of breath.

Jeongguk doesn't know what her job is and he doesn't really care because it's not like she gives him money or something and Jeongguk even said to Taehyung that she won't come.

But she's here.

"I'm really sorry, Jeongguk." She says, holding two gift bags in her hand, her outfit normal, meaning she didn't go home and came here directly after work.

"It's okay." It's Euna who says, smiling widely and walks towards Jeongguk's mother, hugging her but she keeps looking at her son, for his reaction.

"Gukkie, she cares." Taehyung whispers, nudges him as the two mothers walk towards them.

"Hello, mother in law." Taehyung beams at her walking forward and lets her hug him.

"I'm so happy to meet you." She says, looking at Taehyung with wide smile.

"We're glad you're here." Taehyung says and means it.

"I'm really sorry, I tried to get here---".

"It's okay. You're here and that's all that matters." Taehyung says. "Right Gukkie?" Taehyung nudges Jeongguk.

"Yeah, yeah." Jeongguk says, clears his throat.

"These are for you two. Nothing special but please accept it." She says, giving the gift bags to Taehyung who thanks her sincerely.

"Tae, sweetie would you mind coming with me? I need to talk to Mrs. Byun about some property." Euna says and Taehyung nods, looks at Jeongguk, his eyes speaking---talk to her.

"Sure mom." Taehyung says, walking after her.

"I'm so happy for you. You look so happy and it shows in your eyes." Jeongguk's mother says and he smiles.

"Yeah, I am happy." Jeongguk says.

"I'm sorry I got late. I really wanted to be here but I couldn't---".

"It's okay, really. You're here, that's all matters." Jeongguk says and his mother's eyes lit up.

"You're not mad at me?" She asks then and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"I know you thought I won't make it but I am truly happy for you. I am." She says and Jeongguk just smiles, leaving everything about past and comes forward, embraces her and she smiles in utter happiness, hugging her son like this after so long.

"Thank you for coming." Jeongguk says and his mother closes her teary eyes.

"Why wouldn't I?" She utters.

"I'm-I'm sorry for everything---".

"Hey, none of that anymore, okay? I want to forget everything that has happened and starts everything new." Jeongguk says and she nods, wiping her tears.

"Now that's pleasant to see." Euna says, walking towards them, followed by a smiley Taehyung.

"You behaved." Taehyung utters, letting Jeongguk hug him close to his side.