Buju: Part 2

"It was always you"

Dahlia ordered Buju around like a dog. She truly was beautiful though, as everyone had said. She had long dark wavy hair and these big brown eyes. She was well mannered too, to the royals and the nobles of course. To the servants she was pretty rotten.

"You," she said snapping at Buju as she sat at the table. Buju came over, peeved, "Make sure my glass never empties."

And she continued to bother her over trivial things with her signature snapping all night. Phillip seemed to enjoy her company though. All night they talked and danced and he smiled and laughed at her jokes. This was the future, Buju thought. They would be husband and wife and the longer she stayed the more she went back to being just a servant.

She told Griselda she was feeling ill and left early. If it were any other servant she would've told her to keep on serving. But then Buju would have to go over her head and ask the King. And the King would be angry at Griselda for even being bothered by the situation. Griselda learned early that it was best to let Buju do whatever she wanted. Buju stole a bottle of wine and some pastries and went back to her room in one of the towers.

It was a pretty nice room for a servant girl. It was secluded and had it's own entryway. Stealing food was something she never got in trouble for either. Once she stole a slice of cake and the head maid before Griselda caught her and beat her with a switch over it. The king found her crying and had the woman fired and then gave her an even bigger slice of cake for her to eat. He let her eat in the royal dining hall also. The only servant ever in the history of mankind to ever eat at that table far as she knew.

Buju ate 3 mini cakes without a fork and then downed half the bottle of wine. Maybe they'll think she died from eating too many sweets. It's happened before. Or drinking too much wine. At this point she was drunk enough that the floor seemed crooked too her. She planted herself by the doorway and held up the bottle of poison.

Buju and Phillip shared the same wet nurse who would keep them in the same crib sometimes because it was convenient. Got to the point where Phillip wouldn't sleep without her. He would cry and cry all night if she were ever removed. The King and Queen told themselves they would let them sleep together for the peace and quiet it granted them. And when they were older they would separate them. They tried so hard to. To separate them. To make Phillip aware of his status as a noble and Buju as a nothing. But still Phillip thought of her highly. He never not even for a second loved her less. Until today. And it would only get worse, she thought, so bottoms up.

She twisted off the lid and held the poison up to her mouth, "Goodbye savage world." And then she tilted it. Before a drop could even enter her mouth the door opened abruptly and she lost grip of the bottle in her hands. It fell to the side of her and broke open, spilling the precious liquid onto the ground.

"No!" she said, diving for it. But it was too late.

"What are you doing?" said a male voice, it was Phillip. He saw the broken blue bottle and the inscription. He knew what it was from a glance.

"No," he said quiet at first, "No!" he crouched over her and pulled her towards him, "Did you take any? Tell me now or I'm going to make you throw it up!" he screamed shaking her.

"No! I didn't you made me break the bottle," she said, pushing away from him and leaning against the wall. He leaned against the wall next to her and put his face in his hands.

"What were you thinking? Why would you do that?" he asked. When his hands came away his eyes were red and wet.

"I thought you'd be glad. You wanted to rid of me this morning," she said.