[ 01 ]

𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, 𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐈𝐌. Usually, it didn't detract from the fast-paced work environment that saw many stressed first-years running all over the place and associates stuck in their cubicle for 12-hour days. However, today was much different, even if managing partner Harvey Specter didn't know it.

Just as he was attempting to get Mike to clear off, Louis Litt came storming in, more heavy-footed than usual, with the widest eyes that only suggested that he was indefinitely onto something. Huffing at the sight of him, Harvey tried to pull a quick avoidance but even Donna predicted that Louis was going to get to him before he could pull the glass door shut. And, as much as she had the power to stop him, she also wanted to know what was up his sleeve.

"Turn on DBC, now," Louis demanded. Harvey sighed, having expected something much greater. Whilst DBC was indeed one of the firm's clients, there was nothing going on with them at the moment. Their stocks seemed great and their ratings were better than anyone could've expected from the once-irrelevant news source.

"Why?" he questioned sharply, the frown on his face evident and totally unamused. Sure, this was the first time that Louis had even paid attention to that damn TV, but that didn't mean that anything substantial was going to come from his observation. Plus, he had work to do and didn't have time for any of Louis' flowery crap.

Louis glanced at his watch and sighed himself, bothered that Harvey had halted his plans. "Just turn it on, Mike."

Unfortunately, Harvey's associate pulled that typical face that was frequent whenever Louis was around and obeyed his instruction. Harvey sighed, fully aware that Mike was genuinely fearful of Louis (which his partner knew of and used to his advantage) and decided against further protest, instead leaning against his office door to see what all the fuss was about.

There on the screen was Marilyn Manson in all her glory. Harvey inhaled sharply, his heartstrings tugging at the sight of her. Donna eyed him closely – she knew him better than anyone and hadn't missed a beat. He usually told her everything, including the girls that he had been with, but had never mentioned the anchor woman. Fiddling with her pen, she made a mental note to interrogate him about it later as it was painfully obvious that something was wrong. His face had never looked so pale – it was like all of the air had rushed from his lungs.

He never thought he would see her again.

Whilst Marilyn's hair was curled instead of sharp straight, nothing else had really changed, apart from her now sombre expression. Her ocean eyes still held the promise that had pulled Harvey in all those years ago, and he couldn't be more thankful. It made him wonder if he was still the same and realise that he'd made an effort to keep part of her with him. Despite his $1000 an hour pay check, he was still wearing the same leather watch that she'd gifted to him when he'd told her about his aspirations. She'd championed him and decided that he had to look the part, so she saved a then-ridiculous amount of money to gift him with the designer watch that was now old enough to be vintage.