[ 06 ]

" 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐗 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, " Donna claimed with an amused smile the minute Harvey came striding to his office. Of course the comment took him by surprise - he was actually on time for once, had managed to work out and shower after seeing Marilyn off and even had the chance to stop for coffee. However, he knew that if he made a comment, she was likely to see right through him so he merely shot her a pointed look in an attempt to brush off her accusation but, more importantly, shut her up. As he passed her desk, she rose, already fully aware as to what the look he'd cast her meant.

"This morning, too," she mumbled playfully, walking with him and carrying a stack of papers almost to excuse herself. Instantly, Harvey looked at her with an aim to protest, but one glance at the victorious smirk on her face confirmed that the redhead didn't have a single doubt. Still a gentleman, he extended the glass door to his office and she entered, laying out the papers neatly on his desk. He collapsed onto the sofa, Donna's amusement already exhausting to him and it wasn't even eight in the morning. She smiled to herself, taking a seat next to him.

Marilyn Manson had been on her mind since the day before, since Harvey looked like he'd seen a ghost at the sight of her - he was completely in awe yet still afraid. She'd never seen him react to any woman like that, nor refuse to brag on bedding her last night (which the entirety of New York now knew about). Therefore, she had no clue on how to even ask him about her as she'd never even seen Harvey react this way before, clarifying that whatever he felt towards the stunning news anchor was much more than just infatuation.

"You know that you're probably in Jessica's bad books, right now," she began, finally deciding that bringing up Marilyn straight off the bat wasn't wise. She was met with a sigh, Harvey rubbing his temples. The anxiety didn't suit him, and since he'd been adamant on never getting too attached to a client since she knew him, Donna mentally confirmed that he could never see her as just a client. He was far too involved and it had become apparent that he definitely cared about the outcome of this case, not just the prospect of a win.

"And you know that's the last thing on my mind," he replied, voice low and hushed. Donna gave him a sympathetic smile, reaching to squeeze his shoulder supportively. "And before you ask, I don't want you to turn on that stupid television." She chuckled beside him, unsure as to whether she should encourage him to talk or to get on with the work. But, it was almost like Harvey had decided for her when he rose from the plush leather couch and strolled to admire his skyscraper view, playing with one of his numerous basketballs. With nothing left to say, she decided that now was one of the times that Harvey needed to collect himself alone, and so she quietly left his office, sparing just one last glance at his back almost as if to confirm whether this was really happening. Because she'd never seen Harvey like this before, Donna had absolutely no idea what was going on in his head.

Part of her was unsure as to whether he was going to kill himself over this case, or over Marilyn.

She didn't have time to decide, however, with Mike immediately arriving to go and speak with Harvey, most likely over the one case that he was inside fretting about. Never in their time together had he taken something so personally, or ever been this much of a nervous wreck. She didn't know where the adaptable, quick-thinking, radical Harvey had gone, but she also didn't hate the fact that he'd gone either. It was about time that he felt something, it just happened to be impeccable timing. Donna didn't have it within her to stop Mike from entering, unsure of what to say to him since she didn't really have an understanding herself. So, she simply hoped that Harvey could deal with facts and figures from the associate without crumbling.