Epilogue

The soft patter of his heart warmed hers but, as odd as it was its rhythm matched hers. They lay together in a tangled abandonment of sheets and limbs resting after their most luxurious lovemaking.

She listened quietly to all what had happened while she was gone. How with the help of her grandfather he did it all. How Dimitri discovered Adam and Hannah's plot to separate them. And that it was he who sent her the dress. He did all of it for her.

His face was buried in her hair he marveled in its softness and sweet scent.

He grasped her hand and folded his fingers gently between hers. He leaned on his elbow and looked down at her. Her eyes twinkled with such a smile it was contagious that he could do nothing but smile back with a wide gorgeous grin.

"I still cannot believe this is not a dream," she caressed his face and watched him turn his lips to kiss the inside of her palm.

"I can assure you it is not," he shook his head and laughed.

"I... have a confession to make," She whispered softly and giggled at his now serious glare.

She lowered her gaze and focused on their intertwined fingers.

"I cherish the first kiss you gave me," she whispered.

Puzzled he stared into her eyes they held his gaze with such love.

"You little minx, I thought you had fallen asleep," he gave an amusing look.

Shaking her head, she bit her lip with a shy smile.

"I felt so ashamed to look at you after such a bold wanton move, I feigned sleep," She smiled shyly at him.

His amusing grin made her hide her enflamed cheeks.

"And I have a confession to make as well," He trailed his fingers softly along her lips.

Her eyes were fixed on his.

"That was the night I realized that I was falling deeply in love with you."

Her eye sparkled with her smile at such a confession.

She pulled him close for a kiss.

After a while, she turned to lean on her elbow and looked at him.

"Will you still want me even if I have grown big and bloated like a cow?" Her eyes looked to him with a pouty stare.

He chuckled with a boisterous laugh.

Laying her back on her pillow, he smiled down at her.

"What makes you think I will not," he searched her eyes.

Her eyes lowered and she nervously licked her lips.

"How would we be able to...?" She hesitated before looking at him.

"To make love?" He grinned teasingly.

He stared down into her eyes with such a salacious gaze that her heart quivered.

He kissed her lips.

"I can tell you...or...I can show you..." he gave a devilish smile.

With a gasp, her eyes watched him slowly trail kisses down her body.

"My lord, your wicked." she gasped.

His enticing smile promised something just as that and much more.

"And you, my beauty are delicious," he gave sexy grin.

With that said, London's most gorgeous rake swept his beautiful rose into the clouds.