Prologue: Off to Kunugigaoka

It was a warm night in the city of Kamihama. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the moon was shining brightly. But even with this nice weather, only a few people were walking around. And all of them were girls. A few were just having a nice chat near their houses, while others seemed to be really busy.

 Out of all of these girls, one seemed to stand out the most. A girl with long (h/c) hair was crouching down on a fence. Her (e/c) eyes were looking closely at the water, as if something was going to pop out at any moment. But nothing was happening. Just the movement of the current and a few fish here and there. 

 The sound of nearby footsteps snapped the girl out of her trance. But she didn't move nor look to see who it was. She already knew who this was. After all, she had asked someone to meet her there. 

 The footsteps stopped as a girl with long ash-blonde hair and a red school uniform looked at the girl on the fence. She had a stern look on her face and a lot on her mind.

 "You're leaving again?" the girl asked.

 "Yeah," the girl on the fence said with a melancholic smile on her face," This city is getting boring again.

 "Really?" the other girl asked," Define boring."

 The (h/c) haired girl laughed at this as she started playing with a strand of her hair. There was sadness in her eyes, even though she laughed and smiled.

 "Nothing out of the ordinary has really happened here," the girl said," It's just been the same old, same old. We protect our territory and hunt for witches, then go on through our day as if nothing has ever happened. I'm bored of watching it over and over again."

 The other girl nodded her head in understanding, but she didn't seem entirely convinced. She knew this girl better than anyone else, so she knew that there was something odd about this one thing.

 "I see," she said," But rumor has it that witches from the surrounding cities have become scarce. Are you sure you want to leave with that being the case?"

 "I've heard the rumors," the (h/c) haired girl said," And don't worry. I'll still be coming back to the city every day to hunt witches."

 The other girl blinked a few times as she looked at her friend in confusion. For a second, she wasn't sure she heard her right. She was going to come back every day? Then what was the point of leaving?

 The awkward silence between the two girls had turned the serious feeling in the air into an almost comedic one. And it was one the (h/c) haired girl found amusing. But it wasn't enough to make her look entertained. It took a lot to truly entertain the girl.

 "If you don't mind me asking, why are you leaving Kamikama?" the girl asked.

 Her friend looked over at the girl with a teasing smirk.

 "That's a secret~!" she teased.

 "(Y/n) I'm being serious," the other girl said," This is an odd choice for you to make when you're just going to come right back here every day"

 (Y/n) smiled at her friend before standing up and looking up at the moon in the sky. The crescent moon seemed to be smiling back at her. But even the moon had more joy behind it's smile then she did.

 "I've found a school that has what it takes to entertain me," (Y/n) replied," It has this odd class that just has so much fun stuff to see every day. And it will last me the rest of the year too! A perfect way to end my Junior high life, don't you think Mikuni?"

 "I guess," Mikuni said a little sadly," But can this place really entertain you for the rest of the year? And will you still be able to help me when I need you?"

 "Of course," (Y/n) replied as she started to spin around on the fence," You're work for me is a huge reason why I came back last time. It just gives me so many options of entertainment."

 "But not enough for you to truly be happy," Mikuni whispered.

 (Y/n) stopped spinning around and stood with her back facing Mikuni. Her eyes were wide, but her smile remained. A silence surrounded the two girls as Mikuni thought through this. (Y/n) was valuable to her plan, but she was also one of her best friends along with Kirika. A day without her will be an odd one, but to say she wasn't used to it would be a lie.

 After a few minutes, Mikuni finally came up with a decision.

 "Alright," Mikuni said," I'll let you go to this school."

 (Y/n)'s eyes softened as she felt a sense of satisfaction. To her, Mikuni's approval was key to making any big decision. She was the leader of their small team after all.

 "However, I have a request," Mikuni said as she pointed up at the moon," There is a monster unlike anything we've faced before. He's a threat to our world, meaning it is our duty to stop him."

 "So you want me to find information about him while out there?" (Y/n) guessed," Of course!"

 Mikuni smiled as she crossed her arms. (Y/n) knew what her job was and could always guess what Mikuni would say before she would say it. Mikuni like that about (Y/n). Her plans in (Y/n)'s eyes were predictable yet exciting. She could always be 5 steps ahead of her and always find a way to stop any intruders. To Mikuni, it made her the perfect ally.

 "Thank you," Mikuni said," You're a wonderful ally."

 "You say that a lot," (Y/n) commented.

 "And I mean it every time," Mikuni added.

 (Y/n) felt a small little ping in her heart, but she barely noticed it. Emotions weren't something she paid attention to. Either she was sad or indifferent. That's all she had. 

 (Y/n) looked back at her friend as a determined look appeared on her face. One that was rare, but Mikuni was used to seeing.

 "Alright then," she said," I'll be heading out!"

 "Take care of yourself!" Mikuni said.

 "Same goes to you," (Y/n) said.

 Mikuni nodded her head as (Y/n) jumped all the way to the other side of the river. Her shadow was barely able to be seen. It was only a matter of seconds before she was no longer seen. Mikuni's smile dropped slightly as a serious look appeared on her face. She looked back up at the moon as thoughts fluttered around her mind.

 "This isn't like the other missions," Mikuni whispered," I hope (Y/n) knows this."

 Suddenly, something hit her as her eyes went right back to where (Y/n) had been standing.

 "I never did ask her what school she was going to," Mikuni whispered to herself," I guess I'll ask her when I see her again."

 Hi! Welcome to my first story on this account! I hope you all will like this story! I'm going to hopefully have a lot of fun writing it! Anyways, I have a few love interests in mind for this story! So far I have Karma, Nagisa, Isogai, Maehara, Itona, and Chiba. If you guys want anyone else, please tell me!

 Sincerely, DerpyAuthor-chan