Chapter 1: An odd start to an odd year

It was a nice sunny day a Kunugigaoka junior high school. Students were walking into the building with pride clear as day on their faces. All of them seemed to be trying to look in top shape and most seemed to be talking to their friends.

 (Y/n) was standing at the gates of the school with a big smile on her face. The look in her eyes seemed to contradict her smile though and made it seem soft. Her long (h/c) hair was now in two low ponytails with big black and white bows holding them up. A silver ring with an orange gem on it was on the middle finger of her right hand as well as a small orange sun that was painted on one of her nails.

 People didn't seem to notice the girl, but that didn't matter to her. She'd rather have it that way. And nothing about her really popped out anyways. Even if she wore her white fingerless gloves and slightly heeled black boots, her frail appearance and short height kind of took the appeal of them away. Again, she didn't really mind not being seen.

 (Y/n) slowly made her way around the campus while trying to mind her own business. As she got deeper into the campus though, a few people started to notice her. She didn't like this though so she simply ignored their looks and their voices. They weren't going to bother her on her first day, nor will they ever because she refused to acknowledge them ever.

 After a while, she finally made it to the entrance of the mountain that led to her class. She looked at it curiously for a minute before walking up it. It didn't take her long until (Y/n) had made it to the old campus, and when she did she was met by an interesting and pleasant surprise.

 All of the students were sitting outside in their gym uniforms while this big guy was walking around and talking to them. They all seemed to be really focused on what he was saying and they seemed to really trust him. But (Y/n) didn't really like him. She didn't know why, but something about him screamed 'I'm dangerous'. Then again, anything could be dangerous and she knew it.

 A man with spiky black hair noticed that (Y/n) was there and quickly walked over to where she was. This caught the attention of a yellow octopus looking creature and soon he noticed the new student as well. Both made their way over to her as if they were trying to be sneaky, though not obviously sneaky. Another suspicious thing (Y/n) noticed about this situation.

 "You're (Y/n) (L/n), correct?" the black-haired man asked as soon as he got to (Y/n).

 "You are correct!" (Y/n) said as a soft smile appeared on her face," And who might you two be?"

 The man with black hair seemed to be a little on edge, but (Y/n) couldn't really put her finger as to why. Many ideas ran through her head, one of them being that (Y/n) didn't even react to the fact that there's a giant yellow octopus right behind him. Of course, (Y/n) knew she had seen a lot worse, but these two didn't. There also wasn't any reaction she knew how to fake to make it seem like she was surprised. 

 But these ideas only flew through her mind. She didn't actually put any thought into the idea that he realized she wasn't surprised.

 "Hello there, dear student!" the yellow octopus beamed," My name is Korosensei! I'll be your new teacher for the rest of the year! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

 "As to you as well!" (Y/n) said.

 She then lifted her hand to give him a handshake. Korosensei was about to do the same, but he stopped mid way and started staring at her hand intensely. (Y/n) and the black haired man both caught onto this pretty quickly, with the latter being the only one who really knew why.

 "Don't worry, she doesn't have an anti-you knife yet," the man said," We just got word that she would be transferring yesterday so we didn't have time to tell her anything nor give her the weapons she needs."