Chapter 14: Maybe we aren't so different

It was really late in the night. The sky was dark and the city was silent. Which could be a good or bad thing depending on who you are. For Nagisa, Sana, and Kyubey, that was a good thing. No one being around meant no one would think Nagisa was crazy. Sana was now invisible to most of the world, so no one would know Nagisa was talking to her.

 Sana was looking around nervously while Nagisa looked straight ahead. Kyubey had made himself comfortable in Nagisa's bag, which said boy didn't mind. After awhile, Sana looked over at Nagisa.

 "So..o where exactly is y..your home?" she asked quietly.

 "It's not that far from here," Nagisa responded," It's only about a mile away from the train station."

 "Oh," Sana said," Ar...are you sure it..its okay for m..me to stay?"

 "Of course," Nagisa replied while looking over at Sana," Mom will never know, so she won't get mad about it."

 "I guess," Sana whispered.

 "We'll be fine," Kyubey told Sana," As long as his mom doesn't see us, there's no reason for her to suspect that there's anyone there."

 "That's not really...." Sana started, but she didn't continue.

 Nagisa was curious about what she was going to say, but it didn't take him long to figure out what it was. But he didn't say anything. They were already in front of his apartment building.

 Nagisa started heading up to the floor his apartment was on. Sana just walked close to him. She was scared about everything around her right now. This place was so unfamiliar to her since she had never traveled outside of Kamihama until today. She was extremely thankful that she had found Nagisa. He had offered to let her stay at his place since Sana wasn't really ready to go home yet. Plus he knew about the whole magical girl thing. He understood her situation, and Sana was glad he did.

 Once Nagisa got to his apartment, he took a deep breath. Sana looked at him confusion as Nagisa slowly opened the door, allowing light to flutter out into the world. He walked in quietly, but he was still heard. In the center of the kitchen was woman with short, dark blue hair. She had a worried look on her face, although Sana found it to be more casual than it should have been.

 "Hi mom," Nagisa called out as he closed the door behind the three of them," I'm home."

 "Oh Nagisa!" his mom yelled out as she ran over to the boy," I was so worried about you!"

 The woman ran up and hugged Nagisa. Sana looked at the woman in surprise as she stumbled back a little. She hadn't expected to be pushed back like that, but it wasn't exactly Nagisa or his mother's fault. 

 "Where have you been all night?" Nagisa's mother asked.

 "I was visiting a friend in Kamihama," Nagisa replied," I'm sorry if I worried you."

 "Kamihama?!" Nagisa's mom yelled in surprise," Why do you have a friend over their?!"

 "She's a classmate of mine," Nagisa replied," She missed school today so I offered to give her the exam scores."

 "That's very sweet of you," Nagisa mom said," But you should have told me something!"

 "I'm really sorry," Nagisa apologized.

 "It's alright," his mom said," I'm just glad my baby girl is okay."

 Sana froze while Kyubey looked up at Nagisa's mother. Nagisa had a shadow covering his eyes while his mom pulled away. His mom walked over to her room and looked over at Nagisa.